Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne Rooney is not coming back to Everton. The rose tinted pill of delusion has been getting hammered on here lately and a few of you have become dependant judging by the utter drivel written on this thread. It is 2013 and Wayne Rooney has become the epitome of all that is wrong with modern football in that all that matters to him in the grand scheme of things is money, money and more money. Look at his conduct whilst at Manchester United, demanding more money time and again or else switching to plan B and claiming they do not match his ambition ?! Having just regained the championship I think quite rightfully they can laugh in his face and call his bluff this time which is what is taking place there currently.

Wayne Rooney's ship sailed years ago, he isn't returning to Everton accept only through his dreams in a drunken haze when he has consumed too much Dom Perignon at some leafy garden party in deepest rural cheshire

Everton simply could not afford a deal for Wayne Rooney.
At present he seems to be a shadow of his former self and it may be that a change of club may reinvigorate him. But then look at players like Owen and Fowler who came through very quickly and who careers were largely over by the time they reached their mid twenties.

The fact that our highest earner (Fellaini - 75k) earns probably 30% of what Rooney does tells you all you need to know about our chances of re-signing him. By the way I think he's been on his way down for a while and isn't worth breaking the bank to sign. Forget about him.

I'm all for nostalga and romance and I really do believe in his heart of hearts he wants to come back. No idea of its next year or 5 years time. If by some miracle upon miracles some billionaire arab bought us and paid him what he wants I believe he'd be back tomorrow

15 more years till debut..
article-0-0CEE158500000578-736_468x592.jpg

Rooney transfer request!!

Neil Ashton ‏@neilashton_ 6m

Wayne Rooney asks Manchester United for transfer. Chelsea make their move. More in tmrw's Mail and on Mail Online.

Acording to the mail chelsea want rooney and utd are using the money to buy ronaldo..bit of an upgrade on naismith isnt it

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 1m

Stories about Wayne Rooney asking for a transfer are correct. Asked to see Ferguson two weeks ago, request was rejected #mufc

I'd love it if Moyes sent him our way! Though he'll probably go to either Bayern or Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back