Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the above as much as I would love to have him here I can't then see him wear an Everton shirt again. If he is in a lot of pain now I wonder if we will go abroad to a league which is less physical. He loves the game and I think it will be hard for him to retire.
I'm with you mate, unless our financial situation changes.

I dunno, it all feels a bit too late any more. I don't want it to be but that's how it feels. The whole situation is a f'in tragedy as he never should've felt it was better to leave because we weren't good enough or whatever the case may have been. All those ridiculous goals he scored since he's been there...every one of them just stabbed me right in the gut because they should've been for Everton.

Who's to say, he could've had a career-ending injury 2 years after we sold him but the chances were slim of that happening and sure as hell not big enough to use as an excuse to sell that much potential and obvious ability. At the time there was nothing that he'd shown (apart from bad judgement on and off the pitch, at times) that said we should've sold him apart from our STILL appalling financial state.

Losing Wayne and King's Dock set us back a minimum of 30 years, IMHO...regardless if a billionaire bought us tomorrow.

It gets used in jest all the time now but, in this case, the saying "it's a joke, really" never rang more true.

I dunno, it all feels a bit too late any more. I don't want it to be but that's how it feels. The whole situation is a f'in tragedy as he never should've felt it was better to leave because we weren't good enough or whatever the case may have been. All those ridiculous goals he scored since he's been there...every one of them just stabbed me right in the gut because they should've been for Everton.

Who's to say, he could've had a career-ending injury 2 years after we sold him but the chances were slim of that happening and sure as hell not big enough to use as an excuse to sell that much potential and obvious ability. At the time there was nothing that he'd shown (apart from bad judgement on and off the pitch, at times) that said we should've sold him apart from our STILL appalling financial state.

Losing Wayne and King's Dock set us back a minimum of 30 years, IMHO...regardless if a billionaire bought us tomorrow.

It gets used in jest all the time now but, in this case, the saying "it's a joke, really" never rang more true.

Kings Dock maybe, but how exactly has losing Rooney set us back so much?

Wayne Rooney in the Premier League 10 times ripped through the the gunmen door, and Fowler tied for the most are the biggest victims of the gunman.

Cant see him coming back, he too greedy for starters, and also believes he is to good for us. Would cry if we signed him back when he past his best. He 26 now and will be looking for a new major contract which will be about 150 grand a week for the next 4 years then he 'might' consider us.

I can see it, defo. There will always be a naw with me not because he left but the context, timing etc - we really could have been relegated for all anyone knew.

You cat be naieve either, he would be brilliant for him and making the effort to return and leave Utd in his pomp would go a long way to balming a very old wound - for me.

One thing though, am i the only one who remembers that Davey played everywhere bar were he should have played him - up top.

Things change and you have to change with them, everyone would have been furious if we hadnt signed Pienaar on a permo last summer so those saying - no way on Rooney - conveys a sense of hypocrisy.

I was furious with Rooney, Pienaar and Lescott and the context of their moves as i think they all let the club down even if they decided to leave, but to be honest its about Everton and what improves us and not personal feelings, id welcome all three back.

If you think he will come back now then you are out of your mind. He won't come back till he is 34 and no club want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back