Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see anyone being coo coo enough meet his outrageous pay demands, unless he plans a stint on the Arabian or Siberian deserts! So.. it's more than probable he'll be staying at United, albeit on a lesser deal, then of course after this who knows..

We dont do 33/34 year olds anymore. Especially has beens, the likes of Ginola and Gascoigne. The purchase of Distin has been a one off and hes actually been a very astute purchase. Under Moyes a 33/34 year old Rooney just would not happen.
Wouldn`t really say Distin was a one off, more that Defenders can usually get away with being a bit older. Richard gough was an exellent buy at the time. the clever ones use the experience and tricks they`ve picked up over the years to compensate for losing a bit of pace.
With the wages were paying i think it`ll be a long time till rooney would end up back here.He`ll go where the money is.

I think he definitely wants to come back and I honestly think he would tomorrow if it wasnt for a few big factors.

1. United will want a massive fee that we could never afford.

2. Although I think he would be happy to take the massive pay cut I cant see his missus being very happy with him making a quarter of what he is on now with him being a family man and all that.

Love that he still kits his kids out in our shirts though, once a blue always a blue and all that.

I think he definitely wants to come back and I honestly think he would if it wasnt for a few big factors.

1. United will want a massive fee that we could never afford.

2. Although I think he would be happy to take the massive pay cut I cant see his missus being very happy with him making a quarter of what he is on now with him being a family man and all that.

Love that he still kits his kids out in our shirts though, once a blue always a blue and all that.

You make it sound like he'd be going from £40k a year to £20k a year.

He'd still be earning millions of pounds a year.

Anyone else think he looks like a lost soul at utd these days...and infact for a good year or so now???

Been replaced as top dog and IMO just doesn't seem to have the same enthusiasm as he once had there.

When's his contract run to?

You do wonder if he's ready for a new challange to reinvent himself or even going back to an old challange he never really took part in long enough?

Thoughts?

BAD+POST.JPG

4 pages, how?

I dont think he has many years left full stop. The type of player he is and the fact that he doesnt tend to look after his body as much as he could means he will never get to 34/35.

If he sees out his contract he will be just short of 30 so if he doesnt join then he never will. As for Man U selling him before his contract runs out, they can accept bids but they cant force him to sign a contract for another club.

Van Persie's getting on a bit, he'll only be there for another 3 years, then Rooney will be at his peak and be up top for United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back