Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
rooney wanted to go,but then television put pressure on him and united offered to double his wages...now imagen turning down that.

You're joking, right ?

You do realise that Rooney forced United to double his wage by simply handing in a transfer request ?

Players hold all the power in football nowadays.

Why was that btw?

Because he'd been tapped up by City & was 18 months away from a Bosnan.

Do you think United would allow a potential repeat? lol, if they want rid he'll be gone - see Sniejder leaving Inter for Turkey tonight for a reality check in how it works

Why was that btw?

Do you think United would allow a potential repeat? lol, if they want rid he'll be gone - see Sniejder leaving Inter for Turkey tonight for a reality check in how it works

Erm, fairly sure Inter didn't want to sell Sneijder for £6m after paying him hundreds of thousands to sit on the bench. Not sure how that helps your argument.

Erm, fairly sure Inter didn't want to sell Sneijder for £6m after paying him hundreds of thousands to sit on the bench. Not sure how that helps your argument.

Inter faced the prospect of having to pay his wages for another 6 months whilst in dispute with him & him not playing. If he didn't play at all for the rest of the season he could have pressed for breach of contract & walked in the summer. They therefore wanted him gone to reduce their liabilities & hey presto the 'dream' move to Turkey ensues.

If a club wants a player gone then they invariably go, that's how it works

Inter faced the prospect of having to pay his wages for another 6 months whilst in dispute with him & him not playing. If he didn't play at all for the rest of the season he could have pressed for breach of contract & walked in the summer. They therefore wanted him gone to reduce their liabilities & hey presto the 'dream' move to Turkey ensues.

If a club wants a player gone then they invariably go, that's how it works

They wanted him gone last season, by your logic he should have been playing for a different club 12 months ago.

Sneijder only went after two weeks of negotiating terms with Galatasary. If he hadn't agreed terms he wouldn't have gone.

Why was that btw?

Even more so at United. Once Fergies finished with you he chews you up and spits you out.

They wanted him gone last season, by your logic he should have been playing for a different club 12 months ago.

Sneijder only went after two weeks of negotiating terms with Galatasary. If he hadn't agreed terms he wouldn't have gone.

He only went after realising that a better offer wasn't going to hit the table & Gala told him to sign up or forget it.

However the salient point is that Inter have shown him the door & he's gone.

Your argument that a club can't force a player to move is bollocks, as it happens every day during the window.

Are you THAT naive that you believe it doesn't hapoen that way?

He only went after realising that a better offer wasn't going to hit the table & Gala told him to sign up or forget it.

However the salient point is that Inter have shown him the door & he's gone.

Your argument that a club can't force a player to move is bollocks, as it happens every day during the window.

Are you THAT naive that you believe it doesn't hapoen that way?

Name me some players of Rooney's ability who have been forced to go to a club they didn't want to go to in the past five or six years.

Bit of a difference between a player of Rooney's stature being sold and a player from a mid table side who is crap being sold on because he won't get games. If Rooney said he didn't want to go anywhere but Everton he would still be in the United side until the very last day of the season he was contracted to.

I dont think its about going to a club you dont what to go to. But a club can force a player to move by dropping him and telling him hes free to go. Any sane footballer would leave that club ASAP. Unless they where on top wages and where a greedy cart

As previously mentioned, he is very open on how he is still a blue. I can see him wanting to come back as he has won almost everything he can do in club football, a new challenge with a club you love (albeit with a pretty hefty wage cut). If he still has a brain about him and can still knock them in at 29/30 which I believe he will be doing then I can't see why this couldn't happen.

I dont think its about going to a club you dont what to go to. But a club can force a player to move by dropping him and telling him hes free to go. Any sane footballer would leave that club ASAP. Unless they where on top wages and where a greedy cart

But United will never ever drop Wayne Rooney, certainly not during this contract. There would be an outcry from the fans as well as the board. £250k a week to sit on the bench ?

If he wants to leave on a free in 2015, he'll leave on a free. The question is whether he does or not.

But United will never ever drop Wayne Rooney, certainly not during this contract. There would be an outcry from the fans as well as the board. £250k a week to sit on the bench ?

If he wants to leave on a free in 2015, he'll leave on a free. The question is whether he does or not.

It didn't stop our board from selling Duncan Ferguson mate. So I see where the Hot Diggity Dog is coming from. I know it's a different level (we were lower table) but he was our best player and talisman at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back