Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
you would hope that he would see sence and not want a big wage which shouldn't really make a difference when he would have earned plenty a million during his manchester united career. Hope he'll be back at the end of his current contract, only in the last year had i opened myself up to the possibility of it thogh. Still hadn't forgiven him for is badge kissing rubbish, even though i knew he was just being childish and never actually meant it. One thing that does shock me is that he doesn't come to watch us play at goodison much.

anyway, like everyone else on here, if it's at the end of his current contract (would obviously be on a free) then great, but if it's when he's 33 then no way - we're not desperate relegation battlers anymore.

Didn't he come to Goodison last season? I think it was when we played Blackpool in the FA Cup. I know it was only once like, but shows that he is still interested.

Didn't he come to Goodison last season? I think it was when we played Blackpool in the FA Cup. I know it was only once like, but shows that he is still interested.

yeah i know he's still interested, he buys his son everton gear, but he only lives in manchester. suppose maybe the man utd fans and boss wouldn't take too kindly to him coming to see us every time he has a day off. Guess he still watches us on the TV when he can

I was probably 10 feet away from him for this game. He jumped up more than 90% of those around him when we scored. I have no doubt he's still a Blue. In getting up to go before the end he genuinely looked like a kid in a sweet shop to be back at Goodison.

.....love watching the fella, always have. Players like Rooney are a business corporation with multi-million £ turnover per year. He wont return whilst he is still financially viable but like many others I'd love to see him back some day.

Rooney to the blues?

Been laughing off this idea for a long time but....

If its true that Fergie has decided that Rooney can't play with Van Persie then his options are
a/ sell him while his stock is relatively low which carries the risk of Van Persie consistency or commitment
going
b/keep him a year before world cup as non regular when its generally agreed he needs to play week in, week out to hit the heights
c/ loan him out to a decent side for a year at while subsidising his wages where he can play as the spearhead (maybe win a trophy), improved confidence, improved performance at international tournament, then sell or recall year later

the last option could really suit United and the player...and maybe soften the blow if we have to lose Fellaini. Swap deal involving Rooney for a year and 30 to 40 million may give us a boost..and as much as don't want to lose him I am tired of the speculation.

Not sure how would feel about Rooney but have softened towards him recently and don't think him leaving us was entirely in his hands...

Won't happen obviously

his wages rule out signing him but who would take him at asking price and wages just at moment...loan makes sense to me..who knows couple years down line

don't know if that is a decent deal. Ferguson has habit of offloading players at around Rooney's age...think Fellaini more his kind of level than Baines in terms of age and profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back