Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is absolutely no chance he'll come back to Everton while he can still expect to earn 200 grand a week elsewhere, it's a nice wet dream we all can have but let's not pretend it's anything else. If he does come back it'll be when he's a 30 something holding midfielder, his hair long since fallen out. Thanks but no thanks

Name me some players of Rooney's ability who have been forced to go to a club they didn't want to go to in the past five or six years.

Bit of a difference between a player of Rooney's stature being sold and a player from a mid table side who is crap being sold on because he won't get games. If Rooney said he didn't want to go anywhere but Everton he would still be in the United side until the very last day of the season he was contracted to.

If United decide this summer or even next summer, that it's time to move him on, there'd be a queue of high profile takers for him & he'd accept a move to one of them. You're deluded imo if you think that he'll sit out his contract at United for a move back to us, as he'd neither be allowed to do it, nor will he want to, as he's still got one mega money deal left in him.

p.s. Rooney was on the bench yesterday & I'd wager it's a sight we'll see more of between now & May. Oh & I gave you an example of a player who's taken a move that he doesn't really want already haven't I?

'Adebayor wont go to Spurs'

'Pienaar will go to the highest bidder'

Okay mate. David Beckham went to Galaxy and was only on about $80k per week, could have gotten much more if he'd gone elsewhere. If Lampard goes to LA he also won't be on a wage close to what he gets playing for Chelsea, or what he could get elsewhere.

Older players often make moves for things other than money. If that wasn't true you'd see a lot more players going to Russia than you do.

wasnt just the salary from LA it was his other commercial endorsements in america he got from moving to that club
http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SPORT/football/01/11/beckham/

If lampard moves there he will also get paid a lot of money from marketing himself not in the same money as beckham but still a lot, come on you know all of this.

and the reason people dont want to move to russia is because its a s***hole, fans throw pi$$ at you and no one really watches that league, look whats happened to eto an advertisement for the depressed.

and it isnt as if rooney will become a manager or has the personality to become a pundit, once he finishes playing football thats it for him.

He also splashes the cash
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...llion-villa-Barbados-shame-missed-flight.html

5million for a holiday home ffs, hence why he needs as much money as he can get his hands on

also remember he pays 50% tax on his united salary. he can only tax dodge any income he gets from off the field activities like TV or advertisments, he could easily double his income if he were to move abroad even at 30, and I think his agent will keep on reminding him of this

I dont think he has many years left full stop. The type of player he is and the fact that he doesnt tend to look after his body as much as he could means he will never get to 34/35.

If he sees out his contract he will be just short of 30 so if he doesnt join then he never will. As for Man U selling him before his contract runs out, they can accept bids but they cant force him to sign a contract for another club.

Well, he's got a great football brain, so I don't see why he can't play at top level into his 30s, but life as a striker will be hard when he's up against bigger and young center halves. He'll have to adapt his game and drop deeper. Not that he's ever been a out and out striker anyway, but the job of leading the line will be someone else's.

I think he'll be back at some point, unfortunately I think it will be when he's 31-33, I can't see him running his contract down at United and coming here for free.

2 1/2 years to run on his contract. Stranger things have happened, but I wouldn't hold my breath. It's a big ask to expect him to take a £5 million plus a year pay cut even if he has got more money than he knows what to do with.

All the more reason to follow heart not bank balance, always assuming he has more than 2 brain cells, which is not a nailed on given.

When he was with us it was fun and his play reflected it now it's a job, you're wide right this week and at 250K per week it's ok boss ( sigh )

Similar to a Mr james Paul McCartney. the whole ( original ) point of Wings was to go round the country ' anonymously ' in a van and play churchhalls etc ...get back to where you once belong.

As previously mentioned, he is very open on how he is still a blue. I can see him wanting to come back as he has won almost everything he can do in club football, a new challenge with a club you love (albeit with a pretty hefty wage cut). If he still has a brain about him and can still knock them in at 29/30 which I believe he will be doing then I can't see why this couldn't happen.

I still think his best position in his later years will be not as striker but some where behind the striker, not quite Fellaini but more than Osman and Pienaar

We are debating a fantasy here, one which has very little chance of ever becoming a reality, IMO.

However, one way to get around such insane wage demands is to pay an insane signing-on fee. So imagine Rooney runs down his contract and can leave on a free, wouldn't giving him a signing-on fee of about 20million pound, along side wages of 70k a week, make it so he wouldn't be losing much money in comparison to his deal with United?

That's pretty similar to the investment we made with Fellaini; 15million pound transfer fee, plus expensive wages.

We are debating a fantasy here, one which has very little chance of ever becoming a reality, IMO.

However, one way to get around such insane wage demands is to pay an insane signing-on fee. So imagine Rooney runs down his contract and can leave on a free, wouldn't giving him a signing-on fee of about 20million pound, along side wages of 70k a week, make it so he wouldn't be losing much money in comparison to his deal with United?

That's pretty similar to the investment we made with Fellaini; 15million pound transfer fee, plus expensive wages.

The difference being that Fellaini has a resale value greater than his purchase price. A 29 year old Rooney would have a residual value of £0.

So say you signed him on a 4 year deal at £70K per week, plus a £20M signing on fee, that would equate to over £8.5M per season.

Yeah he and his family have pretty openly said he wants to play for us again.

The question is when and how much does he want it.

you would hope that he would see sence and not want a big wage which shouldn't really make a difference when he would have earned plenty a million during his manchester united career. Hope he'll be back at the end of his current contract, only in the last year had i opened myself up to the possibility of it thogh. Still hadn't forgiven him for is badge kissing rubbish, even though i knew he was just being childish and never actually meant it. One thing that does shock me is that he doesn't come to watch us play at goodison much.

anyway, like everyone else on here, if it's at the end of his current contract (would obviously be on a free) then great, but if it's when he's 33 then no way - we're not desperate relegation battlers anymore.

If we can get him at the end of his current contract, id have him back and would no doubt be our highest earner, if its after that then I can't see it benefitting us too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back