Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With £50M for Stones and £85M for Lukaku it's hardly surprising is it?

THAT is what the model allows for. Sell big, buy big.
I'm sure that's just playing by the FFP rules. We seem to be trying to increase the commercial side of things which hopefully will allow us to buy without selling, oh and BTW Lukaku hasn't been sold.

Can only be looked at at end of window. Lets see our income from sale of players and expenditure on players coming in. Lets see if there has been investment in the team not including the potential sales if in particular lukaku and barkley. In the black and white if it if the even out....yes nothing will have changed in player investment. It does look like changes off the pitch are happening in fairness .

Let me ask you a question: can you believe Lukaku in particular will be here next season?
I don't believe he'll be here in a week's time, but this doesn't mean we have 0 money, does it?

What will it take for you, answer me honestly, to realise we have money - careful investment in the right areas with a view to progress or mindlessly buying a bunch of random names for 100m each that won't fit in the system or anything, but prove to you and solely you we have money?

The BMD ground was apparently just borrowed in return for no money, despite the fact real life doesn't work like that at all and you should know that? Or is it because the deal with the mayor, which was, what, 40m? Which is, in the grand scheme of things, not a massive amount to cover by him and the real money given there would be by us?
Finch Farm and Goodison "upgrades" apparently crowd funded?
Debt "privatised" by the owner with money from his own pocket was apparently money from someone else's pocket, they were borrowed, he didn't have them?

All not proof. Cool.

It seems to me that running a business prudently is being portrayed as a bad thing. Buying the best of young talent and selling(not by choice) players who do not want to be at the club and incurring as low a net spend as possible is undesirable...or so it seems from reading some posts on here.
Unfortunately we cannot force Lukaku or Barkley to sign new contracts, slavery has been abolished apparently and they are free to choose their own futures. Every club faces this problem, not just Everton . The contract situation between Barkley and the club is somewhat vague, but crystal clear between Lukaku and Everton. My memory is of the comment by Raiola when he was first appointed as agent for Lukaku... that if he had been his agent beforehand he would not have joined Everton at all.

The purchase of Pickford, Sandro and Keane is a real statement of intent . Any reasonable person would have to say that they sound like incredible business.
Klaasen is a calculated risk of course simply because of the league that he is coming from, other than that his pedigree is perfect.
The signing of Onyekuru is something that was way beyond us as a club previously, something we could only look with envy as the big clubs made this kind of signing...oh wait...

Deulofeu £10M; Jagielka £8M; Robles/Stekelenburg £5M; McCarthy; £15M; Galloway £5M; McGeady £3M; Niasse £7M.

Just short of that £55M figure.

Dont forget, did you think a 3 or 4 years back we'd get £6M for Anichebe and the same for Jelavic? Or £2M and £5M for Gibson and Oviedo last season?
I'd like to think that you're right but I'd be surprised if we could do that well.

Let me ask you a question: can you believe Lukaku in particular will be here next season?
Our current spending is not reliant on Rom being sold. It can't be – That would be far too risky. The lads on holiday and kicking balls around Chelsea crested football pitches, playing basketball with Pogba, it only takes one injury or an accident whilst jogging or cycling for any deal to fall through and then what?

When Lukaku is sold and like you I believe it will happen it’s not because we have to sell him it’s because he wants to leave and we begrudgingly accept a bid that meets our valuation.

I love your passion Dave – you stand your ground but things are clearly improving! I’m not sure what has to happen for you to lighten up.

Doesn't matter when the sales take place. The balance on the final day in August is all that matters.

Nicely swerved.

The salient point (as you well know) is that our business in previous years has been restricted until either a) the Sky cheque landed in August or b ) we've sold players to fund replacements

This year we'll have likely shelled out over £90m by the 4th of July.......

That is not in any way standard behaviour for EFC.

Nicely swerved.

The salient point (as you well know) is that our business in previous years has been restricted until either a) the Sky cheque landed in August or b ) we've sold players to fund replacements

This year we'll have likely shelled out over £90m by the 4th of July.......

That is not in any way standard behaviour for EFC.
exactly and sales aren't certain. far to many things can go wrong (we know this) to assume X ammount of money will be coming back our to balance the books.

Our current spending is not reliant on Rom being sold. It can't be – That would be far too risky. The lads on holiday and kicking balls around Chelsea crested football pitches, playing basketball with Pogba, it only takes one injury or an accident whilst jogging or cycling for any deal to fall through and then what?

When Lukaku is sold and like you I believe it will happen it’s not because we have to sell him it’s because he wants to leave and we begrudgingly accept a bid that meets our valuation.

I love your passion Dave – you stand your ground but things are clearly improving! I’m not sure what has to happen for you to lighten up.

Exactly this.

Lukaku has already been sold, just not announced.

The spending is completely reliant on him leaving. It's just easier for us to not announce anything until we've brought in replacements so as we don't get held to ransom on fees. You'll see

Lukaku has already been sold, just not announced.

The spending is completely reliant on him leaving. It's just easier for us to not announce anything until we've brought in replacements so as we don't get held to ransom on fees. You'll see
so he breaks his leg jet skiing on Holiday... what happens then? Are Cheslea paying his wages as of now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back