Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Net spend

Under Kenwright:
2012/13 -£16.5M
2014/15 £36.5M
2015/16 £27M

Under Moshiri:
2016/17 £21M

...basically what you see there (when you take that big negative net spend in the first year and view it as cash invested in season two) are net season spending of low to medium £20+M.

This season as it stands looks like a step change only because we haven't sold yet.

As said, let's see what the balance looks like at the end of the window. I'm of the opinion we'll still be in the £20M-£25M net spend category.

Cant wait to rag you everywhere in Sept yano.

That doesn't answer why, in all likelihood, we'll get rid of three of our best existing 'assets' in Moshiri's first 18 months at the club.
Stones was a liability and we got stellar money for him. Barkley is a decent squad player who won't sign a contract, and likely is a great (but not world class) striker who won't sign a contract.
What do you suggest we do with them? Kerp them and lose the transfer valu or sell and invest?

What does it matter if by the end of the window we have brought in as much or more than spent out? How would that rebuff my claim that we are still operating a historical model in the transfer market?

The previous model would have seen us doing our business late, after we'd sold players or the Sky money was banked, which usually saw us scrambling around in late August. Where's the cash come from for the spending we're seeing at the minute, if nothing has changed?

Thats all it is, they want CL football, Moshiri cant offer them that, I would NEVER retain a player who had asked to leave, no matter what.

And it's very straightforward to see this is the case. Lukaku wants CL we haven't provided it so he wants off. We ain't selling him to recoup what we have spent ( though I'd hope the business side of the club understands that isn't such a bad thing if we are bring ing in quality and quantity and recouping a large chunk ).

No point in holding onto miserable gits just so we can say look at our positive net spend for the summer. I'm not arsed as long as we have more options and a better balanced squad come the start of the season.

Same issue with Stones, looks like we played a blinder getting 50m with him.

Stones was a liability and we got stellar money for him. Barkley is a decent squad player who won't sign a contract, and likely is a great (but not world class) striker who won't sign a contract.
What do you suggest we do with them? Kerp them and lose the transfer valu or sell and invest?
There's always an excuse over players sold: they're always not required or it;s the players fault for being greedy. The reality is they see a club that needs them gone so they can get players the current manager wants in.

And it's very straightforward to see this is the case. Lukaku wants CL we haven't provided it so he wants off. We ain't selling him to recoup what we have spent ( though I'd hope the business side of the club understands that isn't such a bad thing if we are bring ing in quality and quantity and recouping a large chunk ).

No point in holding onto miserable gits just so we can say look at our positive net spend for the summer. I'm not arsed as long as we have more options and a better balanced squad come the start of the season.

Same issue with Stones, looks like we played a blinder getting 50m with him.

As I keep saying, as long as the manager is backed and so far he has been superbly backed, it doesnt matter what we spend, as long as Koeman says hes happy with the squad, thats good enough for me.

There's always an excuse over players sold: they're always not required or it;s the players fault for being greedy. The reality is they see a club that needs them gone so they can get players the current manager wants in.
So shall we change the manager and hope they stay?
That'll cost another £15m which incidentally was another cost not included in your net spend calculations.

What does it matter if by the end of the window we have brought in as much or more than spent out? How would that rebuff my claim that we are still operating a historical model in the transfer market?
Surely it's in the best interest of the club. The best way to refresh the squad is with players that want out. Lukaku was never.. ever going to be our player for ever... Probably why me and many others didn't take him fully into our hearts... That and the fact that he has been clearly looking for an out at every single window since he joined....on loan from West Brom. Get rid and refresh. Probably not the most successful trophy hoarding exercise but we won't be left like Leeds or pompey in return. Would much rather stay in this league than blow the lot on a dream and a chance at silverware.

Surely it's in the best interest of the club. The best way to refresh the squad is with players that want out. Lukaku was never.. ever going to be our player for ever... Probably why me and many others didn't take him fully into our hearts... That and the fact that he has been clearly looking for an out at every single window since he joined....on loan from West Brom. Get rid and refresh. Probably not the most successful trophy hoarding exercise but we won't be left like Leeds or pompey in return. Would much rather stay in this league than blow the lot on a dream and a chance at silverware.
It is also friday evening and beer o'clock.... So if I chat wham....deal !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back