Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then find a way to pump £50M/£60M in net spending in each transfer window for 2/3 seasons. He's already wasted one season in that respect...and I seriously doubt we'll see a massive net spend this summer.

Can't win with you though can he? Say we go and spend 50/60m NET. You'll just sit here telling us all how he's blown all our cash and what a waster he is. Doesn't matter what is said or done you'll just spin it to suit your pathetic agenda. You do it in every thread.

If Keane and Sandro are announced on Monday, Everton will have spent around

£91m

Let that sink in

6169178+_a79d4c1df766d9e2e14752fa649dc516.jpg

A healthy net spend will often mean you've kept your best players and invested decently in trying to improve the squad.

I'd also quite like to see us do this sometime in some window whether now or the near future, don't agree that net spend is as meaningless as suggested.

Their net spend over the last 3 years is -12.6 million.
They spent the Bale money of course, like we are doing or will do with the Lukaku money.
Past decade Spurs have had a net spend of £67M. Past decade (and leaving out this summer as we have no idea how the balance will look) we have a net spend of £69M.

Now that looks impressive until you appreciate that the two clubs net and negative net spend sequences run in opposite directions: that is, Spurs had their massive splurge when prices for quality players were much lower than they are now; Everton have had theirs in the last four seasons when value isn't there for the same cash Spurs spent out. For example, £13M and £27M on Niasse and Bolasie respectively; as opposed to Eriksen £11M and Alli £5M.

Given the quality for the money paid these days you basically have to spend net £30M each summer to stay on the shirt tails of the elite clubs. If you want to break through to where they reside you have to make a massive balls on the table statement for at least a couple of summers running and spend twice that to get the extra quality in depth required.

Past decade Spurs have had a net spend of £67M. Past decade (and leaving out this summer as we have no idea how the balance will look) we have a net spend of £69M.

Now that looks impressive until you appreciate that the two clubs net and negative net spend sequences run in opposite directions: that is, Spurs had their massive splurge when prices for quality players were much lower than they are now; Everton have had theirs in the last four seasons when value isn't there for the same cash Spurs spent out. For example, £13M and £27M on Niasse and Bolasie respectively; as opposed to Eriksen £11M and Alli £5M.

Given the quality for the money paid these days you basically have to spend net £30M each summer to stay on the shirt tails of the elite clubs. If you want to break through to where they reside you have to make a massive balls on the table statement for at least a couple of summers running and spend twice that to get the extra quality in depth required.

Utter state of that font you complete BIFF.

LOL

Ive heard it all now, so Spurs spent money at the right time and we are now spending money at the wrong time?

Gotcha.

I agree Dave but I honestly doubt that is our aim... At this present time. We are looking to improve on 7th next season. Its going to be baby steps... and from our signings so far... Really looks thats the model. Everton still don't have our abramovich but then I'm not sure it's the best way....if he left Chelsea... Or if the g boys leave United... They are in serious debt... When Moshiri leaves we will have a new stadium and a descent side. Personally that's a thousand miles from what we had a few years ago. I think we have perhaps got carried away with our billionaire owner.
Sensible post mate. I agree. I dont think the name of the game here is to make an assault on top four, not when you lose your best players (or certainly look like losing them this window to add to the Stones sale last summer). That's not how progress occurs. You consolidate on talent already in and build on it...whatever the circumstances and belief as to why it isn't happening like that, it ISN'T happening like that here.

Despite all the breathlessness of the early past of this transfer window with players being bought, this is a plate spinning exercise.

Money, money, money, money, money

Come on over in my direction
So thankful for that, it's such a blessin', yeah
Turn every situation into Heaven, yeah
Oh, you are my sunrise on the darkest day
Got me feelin' some kind of way
Make me wanna savour every moment slowly, slowly
You fit me, tailor-made love, how you put it on
Got the only key, know how to turn it on
The way you nibble on my ear,
The only words I wanna hear
Baby, take it slow so we can last long

DespEverton, DespEverton

Come on over in my direction
So thankful for that, it's such a blessin', yeah
Turn every situation into Heaven, yeah
Oh, you are my sunrise on the darkest day
Got me feelin' some kind of way
Make me wanna savour every moment slowly, slowly
You fit me, tailor-made love, how you put it on
Got the only key, know how to turn it on
The way you nibble on my ear,
The only words I wanna hear
Baby, take it slow so we can last long

DespEverton, DespEverton
Lad I thought you were going for a summer kip?????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back