Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Evertonians are used to these sorts of figures.

:hayee::hayee:

It's way too early to judge on things like that mate and really should be put in the same box as L'pool being crowned Champions at Christmas.
We need to see a couple of years of decent spending before we can safely say we've left our old ways behind us.

i believe we have left those ways behind us, but I can understand the cynicism in those that don't share that belief,

It's way too early to judge on things like that mate and really should be put in the same box as L'pool being crowned Champions at Christmas.
We need to see a couple of years of decent spending before we can safely say we've left our old ways behind us.

i believe we have left those ways behind us, but I can understand the cynicism in those that don't share that belief,

I see your general point but the title of the thread is 'nothing has changed' when it blatantly has. Regardless of whether Lukaku goes, we are showing an intent to sign players early on and are being proactive about it. Just look at last season how those transfers went through shortly after the sale of Stones and the shambolic way that we missed out on Sissoko with a few hours to spare and brought in Valencia to soften the blow.

This summer we have gone out and bought a highly rated English Goalkeeper for the third highest fee for a GK ever, and took the club Captain from Europa League finalists and 4x European Cup winners Ajax...

This is an intent that we have not seen at the club for many years. If you look around other forums, Everton are being mentioned with jealousy for once. Whether it pays off this season remains to be seen but we are making positive steps and some things certainly have changed.

I see your general point but the title of the thread is 'nothing has changed' when it blatantly has. Regardless of whether Lukaku goes, we are showing an intent to sign players early on and are being proactive about it. Just look at last season how those transfers went through shortly after the sale of Stones and the shambolic way that we missed out on Sissoko with a few hours to spare and brought in Valencia to soften the blow.

This summer we have gone out and bought a highly rated English Goalkeeper for the third highest fee for a GK ever, and took the club Captain from Europa League finalists and 4x European Cup winners Ajax...

This is an intent that we have not seen at the club for many years. If you look around other forums, Everton are being mentioned with jealousy for once. Whether it pays off this season remains to be seen but we are making positive steps and some things certainly have changed.

Oh, I believe things have changed mate, and have done for some time now, but the point I was making is that it's way too easy to take an arbitrary starting point of Jan 2017 and wave your willy in the air about spending from that date ( not that there's 'owt wrong with waving your willy in the air, there's just a time and a place for it ).

The six clubs that finished above us have plenty of time to overtake us in the spending charts this summer, and, undoubtedly, a fair few of them will. Things are changing, but it won't be an overnight thing, and there's no point in going around behaving like entitled Geordies ( copyright @chicoazul ) just because we're spending a bit of cash early in the window.

Nothing has changed? Nothing?

I don't believe he'll be here in a week's time, but this doesn't mean we have 0 money, does it?

What will it take for you, answer me honestly, to realise we have money - careful investment in the right areas with a view to progress or mindlessly buying a bunch of random names for 100m each that won't fit in the system or anything, but prove to you and solely you we have money?

The BMD ground was apparently just borrowed in return for no money, despite the fact real life doesn't work like that at all and you should know that? Or is it because the deal with the mayor, which was, what, 40m? Which is, in the grand scheme of things, not a massive amount to cover by him and the real money given there would be by us?
Finch Farm and Goodison "upgrades" apparently crowd funded?
Debt "privatised" by the owner with money from his own pocket was apparently money from someone else's pocket, they were borrowed, he didn't have them?

All not proof. Cool.
@davek because it seems you've elaborately missed this.

anigif_original-30127-1453218581-4.gif

some forum members: "the cake is still stale and didn't cost enough. I bet that's the same old cake mix."

Proof's in the eating, isn't it. We'll know soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back