Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely glass half empty lot us evertonians, if somebody told you on january 1st thia year the position the club would be in now, martinez out koeman in and new investor whos plans we dont exactly know about but still a new investment and talk of a dockside stadium that is still to be disproven how many blues would have been happy with that i would after all its progression not regression. Patience is key walk before you run. Too many with the 24/7 here and now mentality.were going in the right direction imo, at least i hope we are

Koeman didn't get a mention on this forum, he wasn't really wanted until other managers disappeared.

Millions of pounds and spends the John stones money ... It's a joke. We lost players who were past it in Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar and Howard. However, worryingly are squad was small last year. We've only brought in 5 players? And lost 5? So we're is the improved level of bodies and depth we needed from last season? We've got a very good manager who's being let down by a board who are clueless. We aren't in Europe no but we can't rely on Lukaku to and Ross to stay fit for 38 league games and numerous cup games if we're to have any chance of winning a trophy. Say what you want but we needed a GK and a forward to play with Lukaku. Baffles me how Remy has gone to Palace and talent like Haller from Utrecht and Ziyech from Twente were available for around 8 million and we never even moved, but we're looking to pay 30 big ones for sissoko when we have 6 players capable of playing CM.

Mate completely agree with you on ziyech his stats look really good and for 8m it would have been well worth a punt. Same with haller and the same with Mamamma who Lyon signed.

I thought we would go for players like that, and ones reccomended by Walsh and maybe one top name

Instead we messed about with over priced players that were very risky. I mean Walsh hasn't exactly done much has he. He's recommended Gueye that's it but his stats were there for us all to see. I hoped he would bring players in who havnt shown much but he sees something in them that would suit the premier league

If Martinez was still in charge we'd probably be sitting on 1 or zero points right now so in that sense quite a lot has changed

New management will be worth more than any signing this season. Our squad is easily 10-15 points better than what Martinez was getting out of it.

Only worry is if Koeman feels he's been promised things that haven't been delivered as he isn't the character that will just stand by and nod his head like Moyes and Martinez did

Koeman didn't get a mention on this forum, he wasn't really wanted until other managers disappeared.
Koeman wasnt mentioned on got id better ring the pope or somebody. I said i trust our manager and i didnt think he woukd be here if he wasnt given certain promises.

No. I'm not talking about a David Bowie best of compilation, I'm talking about Everton.

So we entered the pre season shrouded in mystery, who will be our new manager, will we spend loads, will we get a new stadium, will Cleverley leave, so many questions.

So far we've had one question answered, we got a new manager and to be fair it is a thoroughly underwhelming appointment for a club that supposedly has renewed ambitions. This is a man who thrives in ordinariness, a so-so man from a so-so nation, Mr. Average, Mr. Grey, if he was a colour he'd be magnolia, he's neither here nor there, he won't set the world alight, nor will he do any worse. If we wanted to send a message to the footballing world that we are back we needed to do better than Ronald "Flavour of the month" Koeman.

Instead we have done what we do best, go with what we can get, not push for what we supposedly can't get. A bad start for things to come.

So on to our transfers, so far we have made one, an undisclosed fee for a keeper who is that bad Fulham who have just finished above relegation in the League 1 find him surplus to requirements. Great.

We've been linked with two other signings, Witsel and Mata, so going off everything that has preceded this what is the honest likelihood we will sign them? We have no European football to lure them, we have a bog standard manager, maybe they want to join Gianluigi Stekelenbuffon? Ridiculous.

Apparently we have had negotiations with Witsel but true to form they've stalled. Everton that.

So on to the actual elephant in the room. Are we rich? So far I'm going with no, all we've done is catch the likes of Stoke, West Ham and Palace up in terms of money we can offer players.

Same old Everton? Yep.

Wow.

To think I bought I to the joke first time round and it's turned out to be bang on about the club.

Can anyone clarify their roles at Everton please?

Also why is Robert Elstone on the board of directors?

Can we expect changes when Morshiri buys the next lot of shares?

Something doesn't sit right at the moment

Apologies for what?

1 first teamer out and 4 in
Significantly improved squad
New stadium potential
good start to the season

Long time since any of that's happened at Everton

COYB
The only good one in is Gueye though. There's absolutely no certainty of a new stadium, especially after watching how our transfer window went.

The team has improved, solid additions. Nothing spectacular in regards to signings but I guarantee we will leak less goals with Williams at the back and we will get more into the box with Bolasie on the wing. Cautiously optimistic.

The only good one in is Gueye though. There's absolutely no certainty of a new stadium, especially after watching how our transfer window went.

I think you're allowing your desire for your original post to be correct to taint your views.

All 4 signings are a significant upgrade on those who left.

Yes, perhaps the exception to that is stones who is potentially world class but he's far from that at the minute. In William's we got a solid in form defender and a leader.

A player like Ziyech would've cost us 10 mil and was so worth to take the risk but instead of that we end up with Valencia. I didnt expect us to get players like Mata but cmon is it really that difficult to find a young talented striker or defender or CM??

I don't know what the scoutingteam is doing here but to end up with Bolasie, Valencia en willing to play 30 mil for a blind horse like Sissoko is like a terrible dream.
Yes we have a good squad but we really needed 2 or 3 good additions and we had the money to spend. What a dissapointment this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back