Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One the face of things Weve got rid of a fair bit of deadwood (not all) and brought in some good signings who have already make an impact. Just a shame that as a club we never seem to learn from our mistakes. The likes of Man United have done their business and didn't get involved in DD. Something we really need to take a look at. Also whoever is doing the negotiating needs to be moved on. Weve fallen at the last fence with so many xfers over the years. Hopefully Morishi will be overhalling the clubs negotiators and execs as we speak.

Mate completely agree with you on ziyech his stats look really good and for 8m it would have been well worth a punt. Same with haller and the same with Mamamma who Lyon signed.

I thought we would go for players like that, and ones reccomended by Walsh and maybe one top name

Instead we messed about with over priced players that were very risky. I mean Walsh hasn't exactly done much has he. He's recommended Gueye that's it but his stats were there for us all to see. I hoped he would bring players in who havnt shown much but he sees something in them that would suit the premier league

Agree and agree. Ziyech is a player with qualities we don't have in the squad. Also Vincent janssen would be perfect to have behind lukaku but he was already gone te spurs earlier. We left it so late with transfers and this is what you get. Its such a missed opportunity. Barry is 35 and the only replacement we've got for him are Gibson and Mcarthy who are [Poor language removed].

I think you're allowing your desire for your original post to be correct to taint your views.

All 4 signings are a significant upgrade on those who left.

Yes, perhaps the exception to that is stones who is potentially world class but he's far from that at the minute. In William's we got a solid in form defender and a leader.
Honestly mate, Valencia is no better than Kone and is as injury prone.

Gueye is honestly the only one who genuinely excites me and that's only off 3 games, he may dip, hopefully not.

Williams is a good signing but he isn't getting any younger, again hopefully he can be as effective as Barry is in his twilight years.

Bolasie I just don't rate but when you're comparing him to McGeady it's like comparing HIV to syphillis, nobody wants either but one is slightly worse.

Stekelenburg may come good, but again you're comparing him to star jumps.

Honestly mate, Valencia is no better than Kone and is as injury prone.

Gueye is honestly the only one who genuinely excites me and that's only off 3 games, he may dip, hopefully not.

Williams is a good signing but he isn't getting any younger, again hopefully he can be as effective as Barry is in his twilight years.

Bolasie I just don't rate but when you're comparing him to McGeady it's like comparing HIV to syphillis, nobody wants either but one is slightly worse.

Stekelenburg may come good, but again you're comparing him to star jumps.

Do you honestly not think we are in a much better position than we were 4 months ago?

One the face of things Weve got rid of a fair bit of deadwood (not all) and brought in some good signings who have already make an impact. Just a shame that as a club we never seem to learn from our mistakes. The likes of Man United have done their business and didn't get involved in DD. Something we really need to take a look at. Also whoever is doing the negotiating needs to be moved on. Weve fallen at the last fence with so many xfers over the years. Hopefully Morishi will be overhalling the clubs negotiators and execs as we speak.

Much as I hate to admit it United are a massive club. Players want to join them. We currently have to convince players to join. 2 years of dross will do that

As long as the likes of Kenwright & Woods are still at the helm in some capacity it will never feel like change is upon us. These two clowns should have been chased out of town years ago for their lack of investment and consecutive failures to help the club progress, they both need packing and sent off to the retirement homes.

As long as the likes of Kenwright & Woods are still at the helm in some capacity it will never feel like change is upon us. These two clowns should have been chased out of town years ago for their lack of investment and consecutive failures to help the club progress, they both need packing and sent off to the retirement homes.

Add elstone in there too

Do you honestly not think we are in a much better position than we were 4 months ago?
Sold one of the biggest talents in England, to appease a wage budget that would have been fine had he stayed, over spent on flamboyance and left ourselves short in key positions.

It's not a question of being stronger or weaker than before the window, the FACT is we have had a very poor window.

Sold one of the biggest talents in England, to appease a wage budget that would have been fine had he stayed, over spent on flamboyance and left ourselves short in key positions.

It's not a question of being stronger or weaker than before the window, the FACT is we have had a very poor window.

Of course it's about being stronger or weaker.

Surely the goal of any transfer window should be to come out of it stronger than you went in

We sold potentially one of the biggest talents in England who didn't want to play for us for £40m. That's a good deal

I dont know being stronger is considered success. Every team is stronger. We have certainly done no better than almost any other team in the prem. Palace fans were having a fit when they thought they were going to sell Zaha on top of Bolasie, but came out with Remy and Benteke. Literally just bringing in Remy would have calmed more than half the fans that are fuming this morning.

Of course it's about being stronger or weaker.

Surely the goal of any transfer window should be to come out of it stronger than you went in

We sold potentially one of the biggest talents in England who didn't want to play for us for £40m. That's a good deal
We haven't come out stronger in my opinion. The loss of Stones, who has looked magnificent for City, outweighs anyone we bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back