Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that potentially has changed is we have an owner who may have the means to secure funding to build a stadium.

Beyond that everything is exactly the same. We need to live within the means the club can afford by itself. At least we should have 20m-30m on top of the extra TV money and probable sale of Lukaku next season for transfers next season.

However I suspect a good chunk of that will go into paying for the new stadium.

Still no apologies.
You won't get any mate. The very same ones calling us out for being negative will try and put a positive spin on us having 3 actual centre backs, no reliable back up striker, no creative midfielder, no left-winger, Saints' back up keeper as our #1, no back up for Coleman or Baines and 3 fit central midfielders!

Yeah but it's all okay lads! Best transfer window ever lads!

A complete and utter farce. But not surprising in the slightest.

No. I'm not talking about a David Bowie best of compilation, I'm talking about Everton.

So we entered the pre season shrouded in mystery, who will be our new manager, will we spend loads, will we get a new stadium, will Cleverley leave, so many questions.

So far we've had one question answered, we got a new manager and to be fair it is a thoroughly underwhelming appointment for a club that supposedly has renewed ambitions. This is a man who thrives in ordinariness, a so-so man from a so-so nation, Mr. Average, Mr. Grey, if he was a colour he'd be magnolia, he's neither here nor there, he won't set the world alight, nor will he do any worse. If we wanted to send a message to the footballing world that we are back we needed to do better than Ronald "Flavour of the month" Koeman.

Instead we have done what we do best, go with what we can get, not push for what we supposedly can't get. A bad start for things to come.

So on to our transfers, so far we have made one, an undisclosed fee for a keeper who is that bad Fulham who have just finished above relegation in the League 1 find him surplus to requirements. Great.

We've been linked with two other signings, Witsel and Mata, so going off everything that has preceded this what is the honest likelihood we will sign them? We have no European football to lure them, we have a bog standard manager, maybe they want to join Gianluigi Stekelenbuffon? Ridiculous.

Apparently we have had negotiations with Witsel but true to form they've stalled. Everton that.

So on to the actual elephant in the room. Are we rich? So far I'm going with no, all we've done is catch the likes of Stoke, West Ham and Palace up in terms of money we can offer players.

Same old Everton? Yep.
the idiot savant speaks

You won't get any mate. The very same ones calling us out for being negative will try and put a positive spin on us having 3 actual centre backs, no reliable back up striker, no creative midfielder, no left-winger, Saints' back up keeper as our #1, no back up for Coleman or Baines and 3 fit central midfielders!

Yeah but it's all okay lads! Best transfer window ever lads!

A complete and utter farce. But not surprising in the slightest.
I'm gonna review the thread and the initial replies soon and see what they have to say.

No mate. What happened was we didn't have the money they wanted for Brahimi, flapped it and tried to panic buy Sissoko.

Sissoko is a central midfielder and Brahimi a winger. If they played a remotely similar position, I'd be more inclined to see it your way. It was clear we were going to be going for multiple players in multiple positions late in the window judging by Koeman's comments. I'm not sure I buy that when the club assured Koeman we would go for 3/4 players they were simply lying to him. I don't know what they stand to gain from deliberately infuriating their new manager in the long term. It looks like the plan was to get a couple of first team players and the young player in yesterday and our leaving it late has cost us as it often can do when working with unpredictable counterparts.

Apologise. All of you. The heat the OP took was frankly BAWK.

I can see this thread becoming one that bites the op in the arse not just in weeks or months but also years to come

I get banned for calling someone a tit? This deserves a ban for it's boring negativity.

What do you get out of creating a negative thread like this mate?

Stekelenburg spent the whole season at Southampton, he was on big wagers and Fulham and they didn't want to pay him considering they're now in the Championship. Fulham obviously felt they can find/rate Bettinelli higher without having to spend as much on wagers. Koeman hasn't even been here a month yet you're already bagging him out and you're commenting on the transfer window that's still open for another seven weeks.

I really hope you're just trying to wind us up lad.

Be honest, you love being able to complain.

Seriously Mods; you guys are just going to allow this nonsense to continue without any warnings?

Some folk have way too much time on their hands to create nonsense like this. But I guess it gives you some weird internet kick.

Hi a new poster here, have been registered for quite a longtime, anyway the aurther of this thread just reeks of negativity and I'm quite embarrassed for him.

OP mustn't have got laid last night, chill..... They have it all under control, Ronald McKoeman knows who he wants its not as easy as it used to be signing players. Alex Young's contract was 2 pages long, Romelu Lukaku's is (apparently) like a copy of War & Peace. Anyway, its still holiday season and Goodison is having a makeover so thats a tick in the box, also one of the biggest ticks for me has seen Bobby B'Elstone being shipped out to Kenya out of the way of all 'real' business dealings. We have taken massive steps forward over the last couple of months and its a marathon not a sprint laddy

Worst thread in a long time, please removed before people think it represents us all!!!!

Warning: Remove any sharp objects from Sapie88, and also take his belt and tie, it's time for suicide watch!

Lack of thread locks indicates that this is the new 'behind the mask' thread

Take no notice of the fool, he's a jabbering wreck who doesn't know his arse from his elbow!

Sapie aint that bad mate....just a bit of a miserable so and so who maybe grew up lonely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back