Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri hasn't convinced his mates at USM to sponsor Finch Farm just to swell the bank balance at Everton mate.

The money will be there to be spent. Spending it wisely is the tricky bit.
I hope that's the case mate.

The other side of it is that the company they are invested in probably sees the money as loose change so to speak but it would have a massive impact into how much leg room moshiri has within what will be his club. So one mate to another, he helps him out financially. Especially if he is happy to sit at arsenal and his company keeps increasing his bank balance

But I wouod be lying if I said I didn't have a small part of me hoping this is something bigger for us, I might be cynical but still hope it's something positive for us!

we can call it what we ant tho mate ! nothing to do with LCC ! evertons money. no way they doing that for the council

We will have to see the details in the terms of the lease for Finch Farm. But, look at West Ham and what they have to pay to the council for naming rights if they get a sponsor.

It's only right that not just Everton profit from naming rights of a property that was bought with tax payers money.

we can call it what we ant tho mate ! nothing to do with LCC ! evertons money. no way they doing that for the council

Maybe it is going to go to the council. And it's the additional funds to help with things like them paying for transport links to the new ground that was mentioned by 'Bobby dazzler' in the AGM

Just an idea

The majority of this sponsorship will goto the coffers of LCC.

It is their property the end of the day.

I very much doubt it will mate. Very much the same agreement as Etihad have with, well, the Etihad. That's council owned, yet City have wiggle room in transfers due to the money pumped into sponsorship.

We will have to see the details in the terms of the lease for Finch Farm. But, look at West Ham and what they have to pay to the council for naming rights if they get a sponsor.

It's only right that not just Everton profit from naming rights of a property that was bought with tax payers money.

West Ham is a bit different, as they have only rented it for a certain number of events throughout the year, so any money made from naming of the stadium will surely be split pro rata for the users of the stadium. City are the closest examples, they have exclusive use of the Etihad, as we do with Finch Farm.

You had your fun last night. Stop this madness.

I've asked this exact thing on another forum.. we don't own FF... although I'm sure its structured in some way to he benefit of Everton.

You had your fun last night. Stop this madness.

I can spot potential bother, I hope the Finch Farm sponsorship is minimal and the majority of sponsorship from USM is for other fields ( Matchday, website etc )

We pay roughly 750k per year on rent for it, and if we are getting say 2.5 million sponsorship per year it's going to cause issues in the public domain when the council is cutting services and putting up a big hike in council tax if we keep all the sponsorship for a property that was bought with tax payers money.

I can spot potential bother, I hope the Finch Farm sponsorship is minimal and the majority of sponsorship from USM is for other fields ( Matchday, website etc )

We pay roughly 750k per year on rent for it, and if we are getting say 2.5 million sponsorship per year it's going to cause issues in the public domain when the council is cutting services and putting up a big hike in council tax if we keep all the sponsorship for a property that was bought with tax payers money.
I hope we do, and then Anderson gives it us back.

Heads would roll.

I very much doubt it will mate. Very much the same agreement as Etihad have with, well, the Etihad. That's council owned, yet City have wiggle room in transfers due to the money pumped into sponsorship.

Not sure, but don't they pay extra to the council because of the naming deal? I know they have funded projects so maybe paid the council something extra via another way to smooth it over.

According to the phone-in yesterday, the council borrowed the money (at a dirt cheap rate, as councils are able to do) to buy FF, Everton pay £200k a month ON TOP of the scheduled repayments/lease/whatever, and according to the radio presenter, it's undoubtedly a win-win situation. There was no suggestion that the taxpayer suffers from this arrangement.

But even if the USM thing comes to nothing, even if the Mosh millions never materialise, even if the whole shebang is a massive mirage, it is just nice to feel excited about Everton again! :) we spend most of our lives chasing mirages as Evertonians, so we should get our pleasure wherever we can! :)

Not sure, but don't they pay extra to the council because of the naming deal? I know they have funded projects so maybe paid the council something extra via another way to smooth it over.

The city council dont want it to be bought off them. They received £20m for the build of it from Europe, if they made a profit off it they would have to return that £20m, as it stands, the ongoing interest they have in it bypasses that.

According to the phone-in yesterday, the council borrowed the money (at a dirt cheap rate, as councils are able to do) to buy FF, Everton pay £200k a month ON TOP of the scheduled repayments/lease/whatever, and according to the radio presenter, it's undoubtedly a win-win situation. There was no suggestion that the taxpayer suffers from this arrangement.

I get that, I was wondering how it would change due to sponsorship.

Upon looking at the City deal in 2011, once they got Etihad to sponsor the ground and campus they agreed to pay the council an extra 2 million per year for the naming of the stadium.

I'm guessing we will do similar, but not to that value if course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back