Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The city council dont want it to be bought off them. They received £20m for the build of it from Europe, if they made a profit off it they would have to return that £20m, as it stands, the ongoing interest they have in it bypasses that.

Yes, that's correct.

Checked out the city deal and the sponsorship doubled it's rent to 4 million to enable the naming rights. I'm guessing we will offer a token amount per year extra to keep everyone happy.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....manchester-city-council-stadium-naming-rights

I can spot potential bother, I hope the Finch Farm sponsorship is minimal and the majority of sponsorship from USM is for other fields ( Matchday, website etc )

We pay roughly 750k per year on rent for it, and if we are getting say 2.5 million sponsorship per year it's going to cause issues in the public domain when the council is cutting services and putting up a big hike in council tax if we keep all the sponsorship for a property that was bought with tax payers money.

I'm pretty confident a 'landlord' can't just start taking a slice of the business just because it starts to pull in extra revenue. They set the rent and that's got to be it. It's not a partnership.

Moshiri hasn't convinced his mates at USM to sponsor Finch Farm just to swell the bank balance at Everton mate.

The money will be there to be spent. Spending it wisely is the tricky bit.

Absolutely this, we all know it's a circumvention to allow Moshiri to be able to pump in his own funds without blowing FFP rules. I expect he will 'decline' his share dividends to offset the money being pumped in from USM. Let's face it they are not going to get much publicity sponsoring our training ground unless Ronaldo or Messi is about to turn up...(dreams wistfully...then reality sinks in :( )

I don't think Usmanov is on board yet but he is able to facilitate to help his friend and at the moment that makes me happy as a pig in sh... ;)

But even if the USM thing comes to nothing, even if the Mosh millions never materialise, even if the whole shebang is a massive mirage, it is just nice to feel excited about Everton again! :) we spend most of our lives chasing mirages as Evertonians, so we should get our pleasure wherever we can! :)

No mate, no. I'd be thoroughly gutted if that was the case.

I get that, I was wondering how it would change due to sponsorship.

Upon looking at the City deal in 2011, once they got Etihad to sponsor the ground and campus they agreed to pay the council an extra 2 million per year for the naming of the stadium.

I'm guessing we will do similar, but not to that value if course.

Interesting.

Lol

Anyone expecting LCC to have any business sense to forsee naming rights of finch farm. The same LA that signed an agreement with BT and got took the cleaners for years, paying hundreds of thousands of pounds for top barristers to review a contract that literally paid tax payers money to a private company

But even if the USM thing comes to nothing, even if the Mosh millions never materialise, even if the whole shebang is a massive mirage, it is just nice to feel excited about Everton again! :) we spend most of our lives chasing mirages as Evertonians, so we should get our pleasure wherever we can! :)
Yes I was thinking something similar.
Its almost like fantasising about the boss bird down the road, even though you know you've got no chance.

I've never known that in my life, literally never.
The younger supporters at Everton amaze me. I lived through the 80's so I can relate to dreaming of success.

The younger supporters have never seen it yet they still love Everton with passion. That is something else and I greatly admire it and respect it.
I want it for them more than myself in a strange kinda way.

According to the phone-in yesterday, the council borrowed the money (at a dirt cheap rate, as councils are able to do) to buy FF, Everton pay £200k a month ON TOP of the scheduled repayments/lease/whatever, and according to the radio presenter, it's undoubtedly a win-win situation. There was no suggestion that the taxpayer suffers from this arrangement.

I think it's £200k per year pure profit that the council are making, not per month

Yes, that's correct.

Checked out the city deal and the sponsorship doubled it's rent to 4 million to enable the naming rights. I'm guessing we will offer a token amount per year extra to keep everyone happy.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....manchester-city-council-stadium-naming-rights

Good stuff, goes with what you were saying then. I wouldn't mind betting that City only pay rent for the seats that were originally there as well, meaning that the council gain a % of all the seats that were there originally, but not on the new increased capacity, would go someway to explain reporting of full capacity and ongoing expansion, diluting the councils portion of rent.

Ultimately though, the positive for us, is that Man City and Manchester council are proof of a fruitful relationship between a club and the council, and it being a positive for both parties.

Threads like this are as ridiculous as someone saying we are going to win the CL in 2018. We have been dormant for the best part of 30 years and turning that around doesn't happen overnight. But to say nothing has changed is frankly stupid. People were moaning for years the EFC were terrible at all commercial aspects of the game, and this was correct. You can't say that about the new regime; they have already done things that the previous incumbents just weren't capable of. For some people, they have got so used to Everton being rubbish that any change to that won't make them happy; ;their own personal agenda comes before the good of the club.

"Bill will never sell this club, it's his train set and he'll never let it go. He'll leave Goodison in a wooden box. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot"

"Hahahahaha, lol at those that think the club is actually for sale. Bill will NEVER sell"

[Kenwright sells the majority of the club]

"It doesn't count - Bill is still on the Board"

"I'm not trusting this; it seems like one of Bill's tricks to keep control. Until Moshiri spends some money I'm not convinced"

[Moshiri clears the Club's debts]

"He hasn't really cleared them, it's just a loan"

"Until he spends in the Jan window I'm not trusting him"

"We won't sign anyone before we sell - same old Everton"

[Everton sign 19 year old winger before any player sales]

"I'm not convinced, Moshiri will just get the money back in the summer when we sell Lukaku"

"It's not the right player, I wanted someone else"

"Moshiri is still just spending the TV money, same old Everton"

The new Board will simply never win with some fans; it is constantly moving goalposts. I think a lot of it stems from a dislike of Kenwright; if Moshiri comes good it will be a big climb-down for those who spent years saying he was happy to run the club into the ground and syphon the money off. Getting a decision as big as this right would be egg on the faces of lots of posters on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back