Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I hope,you don't have to wait too much longer mate! I am fortunate enough to have seen the holy trinity, the Kendall masterpiece and the dogs of war and that makes up for all the thinning hair, arthritis and consti-frigging-pation! Those memories are what keep me going to the game, because those days will return and when they do, they will genuinely seem like heaven has descended and is squatting at Goodison (or the Bradley Dock Mosh-Usman stadium). I hope I am still around to share the glory with you bud :)

:dance:

Great post.

Stick with it, Blue....I ain't letting the Grim Reaper take me until once more mine eyes have seen the glory of Heaven shine on the streets of Evertonia ;)

Nothing has changed apart from nearly everything maybe...

Kenwright, Woods, Elstone, a few of the coaching staff like Ferguson, Unsworth and the fact we still play at Goodison Park (altho it has changed) are the only things that are the same.

At least 4 of those things will be phased out over the next 5 years.

Things that have changed:

Optimism has returned
A new manager that cost us a fortune to bring in
New frock for Goodison
A sense we can actually buy a player that isn't from bargain basement corner
A return that our motto actually means something
Increased income from new deals
A director of football
Most of our debts wiped out
Clear signs we are trying to get a stadium on the docks instead of the outskirts of Wigan.
Hope

There is definitely a lot more to do but Rome wasn't built in a day and I feel Moshiri has done enough in less than a year to be given the grace to get on and continue what he has started for another year without being called out as a fraud every 5 seconds.

A big January will have a lot of people feeling like there is genuine change happening at our club.
Agreed, this window could shape the course of where Moshiri and company want to take this team. I have high hopes for this and look forward to what's to come... Especially if Usanmov joins in on the Blues party

Evertonians can be a strange bunch, Moyes is forced to sell Arteta and Yakubu and loan Stracqualursi and some moaned at him for only being best of the rest, for not smashing a glass ceiling. A billionaire comes along however, takes away our interest payments, gives Goodison a facelift, gets the champions director of football, takes a manager from a team above us, starts paying 10 million pound fees for teenagers, gets our best commercial deal in our history, and has us closer to a new stadium than ever, and people are moaning nothing has changed. Unbelievable.
It's because nowadays, improvement is measured solely on how a club does in the transfer window. Which is silly.

Agreed, this window could shape the course of where Moshiri and company want to take this team. I have high hopes for this and look forward to what's to come... Especially if Usanmov joins in on the Blues party
dont get too excited @The Esk currently all over twitter saying Elstone has misled us and sponsorhip/ naming rights is not what it seems, @davek is gonna love this

dont get too excited @The Esk currently all over twitter saying Elstone has misled us and sponsorhip/ naming rights is not what it seems, @davek is gonna love this

Ha ha.

Has the esk stated what the true worth of the deal is?

Typical Everton AGM smoke and mirrors. How anyone falls for it still I dont know. Whatever anyone on the Everton board states the reverse is almost certain to be the truth.

Ha ha.

Has the esk stated what the true worth of the deal is?

Typical Everton AGM smoke and mirrors. How anyone falls for it still I dont know. Whatever anyone on the Everton board states the reverse is almost certain to be the truth.
£75m as stated, but with £48m of that being shirt sponsorship and the rest being for FF naming rights.

I'm not really sure what his point is tbh.

Evertonians can be a strange bunch, Moyes is forced to sell Arteta and Yakubu and loan Stracqualursi and some moaned at him for only being best of the rest, for not smashing a glass ceiling. A billionaire comes along however, takes away our interest payments, gives Goodison a facelift, gets the champions director of football, takes a manager from a team above us, starts paying 10 million pound fees for teenagers, gets our best commercial deal in our history, and has us closer to a new stadium than ever, and people are moaning nothing has changed. Unbelievable.
I think you missed the original point of this thread mate.
Gone right over your head.

£75m as stated, but with £48m of that being shirt sponsorship and the rest being for FF naming rights.

The 75m increase was stated as the combined net increase in sponsorship resulting from a 300% increase in shirt sponsorship and FF naming rights.
That was made clear in the AGM. I'm not sure either why he's jumping around making a fuss over what was already apparent.

I agree. Either way its £75m...what's not to like. Doesn't matter how we have it or get it...it's £75m. Some people cannot be happy and look for a reason to ridicule it. I seriously cannot understand the mindset of some people looking for problems of a £75m windfall.

I agree. Either way its £75m...what's not to like. Doesn't matter how we have it or get it...it's £75m. Some people cannot be happy and look for a reason to ridicule it. I seriously cannot understand the mindset of some people looking for problems of a £75m windfall.
That's for the shirt sleeve sponsor and finch farm mate .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back