Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha.

Has the esk stated what the true worth of the deal is?

Typical Everton AGM smoke and mirrors. How anyone falls for it still I dont know. Whatever anyone on the Everton board states the reverse is almost certain to be the truth.

£75m over five years.

Spurs' current deal was £80m over the same time period IIRC.

As @Foot Long Hot Dog says, £4-5m of that per-year (so £20/25m in total) of that is for FF naming rights. The rest therefore is shirt sponsorship.

dont get too excited @The Esk currently all over twitter saying Elstone has misled us and sponsorhip/ naming rights is not what it seems, @davek is gonna love this

Ha ha.

Has the esk stated what the true worth of the deal is?

Typical Everton AGM smoke and mirrors. How anyone falls for it still I dont know. Whatever anyone on the Everton board states the reverse is almost certain to be the truth.

£75m over five years.

Spurs' current deal was £80m over the same time period IIRC.

As @Foot Long Hot Dog says, £4-5m of that per-year (so £20/25m in total) of that is for FF naming rights. The rest therefore is shirt sponsorship.

I think the confusion arises over the fact that Elstone talked about a three fold increase in shirt sponsorship and then went on to say the total for the new shirt deal and Finch Farm was 75 million.

Personally I think Elstone just got his words wrong and should have said the new shirt deal was worth three times the old one.

Elstone in being a blert shocker !

Doesn't alter the fact that the new deal is pretty much the best we could expect and it's a good deal though.

If folk want to be critical about the stuff that Elstone said and call it spin then fair enough, but I think they're being a tad pedantic.

I think the confusion arises over the fact that Elstone talked about a three fold increase in shirt sponsorship and then went on to say the total for the new shirt deal and Finch Farm was 75 million.

Personally I think Elstone just got his words wrong and should have said the new shirt deal was worth three times the old one.

Elstone in being a blert shocker !

Doesn't alter the fact that the new deal is pretty much the best we could expect and it's a good deal though.

If folk want to be critical about the stuff that Elstone said and call it spin then fair enough, but I think they're being a tad pedantic.
Typical news management from Elstone: he's always liked to bundle stuff together on commercial deals done in order to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Maybe that's the reason the esk was upset: that it makes the new cash coming in look like more of the same?

...still, I'd like to see some annual breakdown of what we get from the new sooper dooper shirt deal vis-a-vis our peers and those above...I suspect I wont be too overwhelmed, unfortunately.

Typical news management from Elstone: he's always liked to bundle stuff together on commercial deals done in order to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Maybe that's the reason the esk was upset: that it makes the new cash coming in look like more of the same?

...still, I'd like to see some annual breakdown of what we get from the new sooper dooper shirt deal vis-a-vis our peers and those above...I suspect I wont
be too overwhelmed, unfortunately.

Yea, I agree with most of the above.

The 75million announced isn't a million miles away from the equivalent recent deals that Spurs have done. Given their pretty consistent league placings and European qualifications I think we've done pretty well to be close to them to be honest.

United, Chelsea, Arsenal and City are on a different level for various reasons. I'm in denial about the commercial deals our noisy neighbours have done so I'm ignoring them.

To close the gap ( commercially ) on the so called "Big Six" we need to see a sustained improvement on the pitch. Basically we need to do a similar thing to what Spurs have done over the last six or seven years.

Add in a new stadium and we could be up there with them, but realistically, given the lack of investment in the last <pick your own timescale> years, it's going to take five to ten years to fully turn us round

The 75million announced isn't a million miles away from the equivalent recent deals that Spurs have done. Given their pretty consistent league placings and European qualifications I think we've done pretty well to be close to them to be honest.

United, Chelsea, Arsenal and City are on a different level for various reasons. I'm in denial about the commercial deals our noisy neighbours have done so I'm ignoring them.

To close the gap ( commercially ) on the so called "Big Six" we need to see a sustained improvement on the pitch. Basically we need to do a similar thing to what Spurs have done over the last six or seven years.

Add in a new stadium and we could be up there with them, but realistically, given the lack of investment in the last <pick your own timescale> years, it's going to take five to ten years to fully turn us round
sound

Is the £75M from just the shirt deal though? If so, then that get's us for a short time near the catchable end of the elite (Spurs on £16M p.a. at the moment but will be looking to increase that soon as that expires in 2019) and out above the also rans where we were stuck. If it's inclusive of the FF naming rights it really isn't as impressive.

Is the £75M from just the shirt deal though? If so, then that get's us for a short time near the catchable end of the elite (Spurs on £16M p.a. at the moment but will be looking to increase that soon as that expires in 2019) and out above the also rans where we were stuck. If it's inclusive of the FF naming rights it really isn't as impressive.

No, the 75 million's for the two deals, not just the shirt, but we're playing catch up.

You're a bright guy. If you put the blue tinted specs to one side for five minutes you'll understand why we're commercially behind the clubs above us in the table, and you'll understand it'll take more than two or three years to get big companies interested enough to put large amounts of cash our way.

But the very fact that we've lived on a shoestring for so long means that any decent increase will make a sizable difference to us.

Part of the problem comes down to expectations not being managed when Moshiri bought in, but that's in the past now.

There's nothing wrong with being critical of what's happening under Moshiri, but you ( not necessarily you personally, but most of us ) need to take a step back occasionally and think about what he can be reasonably expected to change, and how long that might take.

Plainly that's not exactly NSNO, but sometimes doing your best, rather than being the best is all that you can ask.

No, the 75 million's for the two deals, not just the shirt, but we're playing catch up.

You're a bright guy. If you put the blue tinted specs to one side for five minutes you'll understand why we're commercially behind the clubs above us in the table, and you'll understand it'll take more than two or three years to get big companies interested enough to put large amounts of cash our way.

But the very fact that we've lived on a shoestring for so long means that any decent increase will make a sizable difference to us.

Part of the problem comes down to expectations not being managed when Moshiri bought in, but that's in the past now.

There's nothing wrong with being critical of what's happening under Moshiri, but you ( not necessarily you personally, but most of us ) need to take a step back occasionally and think about what he can be reasonably expected to change, and how long that might take.

Plainly that's not exactly NSNO, but sometimes doing your best, rather than being the best is all that you can ask.
As I understand it this shirt deal works out at £10M p.a. for 5 years. That's poor. Those clubs presently under that figure but on shorter term contracts/coming to the end of their contracts (like West Ham for example on £6M p.a.) will negotiate that or maybe more in the next few seasons. And we can forget about parity with even the club closest to us out of the elite: Spurs, who are currently getting £16M p.a. and will demolish that figure next time around.

So it's not just down to being more competitive on the pitch and reaping the rewards of larger sponsorship revenue. The club under Kenwright and now Moshiri is selling itself short.

As I understand it this shirt deal works out at £10M p.a. for 5 years. That's poor. Those clubs presently under that figure but on shorter term contracts/coming to the end of their contracts (like West Ham for example on £6M p.a.) will negotiate that or maybe more in the next few seasons. And we can forget about parity with even the club closest to us out of the elite: Spurs, who are currently getting £16M p.a. and will demolish that figure next time around.

So it's not just down to being more competitive on the pitch and reaping the rewards of larger sponsorship revenue. The club under Kenwright and now Moshiri is selling itself short.

There are probably people on a Spurs forum somewhere fuming about why their training ground isn't sponsored.

If you think the new deals sell us short them I'm sorry, but I think you're deluded as to where we are currently viewed outside our own little bubble.

For example. West Ham signed a new deal with Betway this summer for ~10 million a year taking them through to 2020. They got that increased from 6 million a year mainly based on them moving to a new ground, so your info is out of date.

As far as the sponsors are concerned, West Ham and ourselves are in the same ballpark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back