Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads like this are as ridiculous as someone saying we are going to win the CL in 2018. We have been dormant for the best part of 30 years and turning that around doesn't happen overnight. But to say nothing has changed is frankly stupid. People were moaning for years the EFC were terrible at all commercial aspects of the game, and this was correct. You can't say that about the new regime; they have already done things that the previous incumbents just weren't capable of. For some people, they have got so used to Everton being rubbish that any change to that won't make them happy; ;their own personal agenda comes before the good of the club.

"Bill will never sell this club, it's his train set and he'll never let it go. He'll leave Goodison in a wooden box. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot"

"Hahahahaha, lol at those that think the club is actually for sale. Bill will NEVER sell"

[Kenwright sells the majority of the club]

"It doesn't count - Bill is still on the Board"

"I'm not trusting this; it seems like one of Bill's tricks to keep control. Until Moshiri spends some money I'm not convinced"

[Moshiri clears the Club's debts]

"He hasn't really cleared them, it's just a loan"

"Until he spends in the Jan window I'm not trusting him"

"We won't sign anyone before we sell - same old Everton"

[Everton sign 19 year old winger before any player sales]

"I'm not convinced, Moshiri will just get the money back in the summer when we sell Lukaku"

"It's not the right player, I wanted someone else"

"Moshiri is still just spending the TV money, same old Everton"

The new Board will simply never win with some fans; it is constantly moving goalposts. I think a lot of it stems from a dislike of Kenwright; if Moshiri comes good it will be a big climb-down for those who spent years saying he was happy to run the club into the ground and syphon the money off. Getting a decision as big as this right would be egg on the faces of lots of posters on here.

thats nonsense, kenwright didnt find moshiri for starters, it was the other way round.
seems to me most people who dont like moshiri were happy enough with kenwright running us into the ground cos he was an everton fan.

I've never known that in my life, literally never.
Then I hope,you don't have to wait too much longer mate! I am fortunate enough to have seen the holy trinity, the Kendall masterpiece and the dogs of war and that makes up for all the thinning hair, arthritis and consti-frigging-pation! Those memories are what keep me going to the game, because those days will return and when they do, they will genuinely seem like heaven has descended and is squatting at Goodison (or the Bradley Dock Mosh-Usman stadium). I hope I am still around to share the glory with you bud :)

thats nonsense, kenwright didnt find moshiri for starters, it was the other way round.
seems to me most people who dont like moshiri were happy enough with kenwright running us into the ground cos he was an everton fan.

Is "running us into the ground" the same thing as keeping the team in the top half while holding out for the best possible new owner? Because it seems to me that's what Kenwright did.

Is "running us into the ground" the same thing as keeping the team in the top half while holding out for the best possible new owner? Because it seems to me that's what Kenwright did.

he got lucky with tv deals and got into bed with shady businessmen to keep us afloat. hardly something anyone else couldnt do.

This is exactly what he did, your spot on, but before Moshiri came in a lot of fans decided "The clubs not for sale" and he "wont give up the train set" or rubbish like that, then when he did do exaclty what we wanted him to do, what he had always said he would do, they still wont accept it has actually happened.

Without Kenwright we would of been run into the ground, like Leeds and Blackburn and plenty of other once regular top flights teams have been.

It might of taken too long, but it finally happened when we dont seem to be that far off the top clubs that we now want to catch, and Moshiri must of realized this. The timing is perfect.

Evertonians can be a strange bunch, Moyes is forced to sell Arteta and Yakubu and loan Stracqualursi and some moaned at him for only being best of the rest, for not smashing a glass ceiling. A billionaire comes along however, takes away our interest payments, gives Goodison a facelift, gets the champions director of football, takes a manager from a team above us, starts paying 10 million pound fees for teenagers, gets our best commercial deal in our history, and has us closer to a new stadium than ever, and people are moaning nothing has changed. Unbelievable.

Evertonians can be a strange bunch, Moyes is forced to sell Arteta and Yakubu and loan Stracqualursi and some moaned at him for only being best of the rest, for not smashing a glass ceiling. A billionaire comes along however, takes away our interest payments, gives Goodison a facelift, gets the champions director of football, takes a manager from a team above us, starts paying 10 million pound fees for teenagers, gets our best commercial deal in our history, and has us closer to a new stadium than ever, and people are moaning nothing has changed. Unbelievable.
Its the DAVEK MENTALITY, If it's not the change they want and they don't get it straight away, they aren't happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back