Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Not far off"?!

They all dwarf our net spend from last season and only because LFC were frugal for once did they not well outspend us.

Spurs needed fine tuning after their 2nd spot to Leicester, and the bigger issue was keeping predators from their star players which they achieved, so I'm not surprised they spent only £10M.

Hang on though, you can't say "they all dwarf our net spend", when 2 out the 6 clubs you've highlighted didn't.

Your line in bold just says "LFC would have well outspent us, if only they'd have spent more".

Lets's put it this way: if in the last 5 years Arsenal, Spurs, City, Utd and Chelsea had broke even in their spending there would have been a few surprise additions to the top four places those seasons and different names on cups.

Why focus on the last 5 years David?

This thread is all about The New Ev, how things have changed.

So since Moshiri took us over there has been 2.5 Transfer Windows.

The top 7

Chelsea From 10th to 1st 51m NET
Spurs from 3rd to 2nd 27m NET
City from 5th to 3rd 165m NET
Vermin 8th to 4th MINUS 6m NET
Arse 2nd to 5th 86m NET
Utd 5th to 6th 102m
Everton 11th to 7th 86m NET

Which proves without DOUBT that NET spend means nothing and infact, since Moshiri took over, we have 3rd Highest NET spend in the entire league.

SNIFF IT

How does that not make sense FFS?

Because not every good player has to cost a fortune. If those clubs want to sign Stones for £50m, or Pogba for £90m then thats up to them. But you can still be successful without having to spend money. The RS actually got back into the top 4 last season without spending a penny.

"Not far off"?!

They all dwarf our net spend from last season and only because LFC were frugal for once did they not well outspend us.

Spurs needed fine tuning after their 2nd spot to Leicester, and the bigger issue was keeping predators from their star players which they achieved, so I'm not surprised they spent only £10M.

Spurs didn't finish second to Leicester Dave, they finished third.

"Not far off"?!

A good player costs £20M give or take. One more signing would have had us pushing the arse and the other team I can't remember or see because my phones crap

United won the Europa cup
The point wasn't what they had won but whether they had improved the squad after spending all that money. Finishing 6th on lower points would prove not. You need luck to win the cups and they certainly got it when they were a missed sitter with the last kick of the semi of going out.

The point wasn't what they had won but whether they had improved the squad after spending all that money. Finishing 6th on lower points would prove not. You need luck to win the cups and they certainly got it when they were a missed sitter with the last kick of the semi of going out.

Exactly. Over the past 3 season united have put 100's of millions into that squad, and they have had 3 managers and their still no better.

We could go back and forward all day on this mate, what is the main point of improving a squad... to win things...yes no

We could go back and forward all day on this mate, what is the main point of improving a squad... to win things...yes no
But you can a cup by not improving. In my opinion that squad is no better after all the money spent on it. This started out with Dave saying you can only improve by having a positive net spend. My argument was making the correct signings even if it costs less is the way to go.

This guy thinks everything has changed. I apologise for linking this video but I am drinking beer and have lost my mind.

He called Gueye - Goo-eh. Lol (at 2 mins 35s) and Ramiro Funes Morti LOLOLOL and Lukaku 'Looko' and 'Lukio' soon after. OMG this is quality.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back