Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. If only four of those 6 teams hadn't utterly ground into the dust Moshiri's net spend you might have a point.

Do u even math?

City 165m
Utd 102m
Everton 86m
Arsenal 86m
Chelsea 51m
Spurs 27m
Vermin MINUS 6m

3rd highest spend in the Premier League, only so far beaten by the Worlds richest Sovereign State and the Richest Club in World Football.

Do u even math?

City 165m
Utd 102m
Everton 86m
Arsenal 86m
Chelsea 51m
Spurs 27m
Vermin MINUS 6m

3rd highest spend in the Premier League, only so far beaten by the Worlds richest Sovereign State and the Richest Club in World Football.

Hello Mr morgsFrandel I have a question was young @GoatJR a product of immaculate conception

Sorry mein frandel, I understand my love for digits would imply this, but I have kissed girls.

I think in reality you have kissed a great deal of girls and really David Kay is jealous of your smooching proclivities

Hold on, you seem to have just taken that season on its own and not acknowledged the five year and ten year net spend records and accompanying levels of success....and you imply I'm selective.

No. The post I quoted provided a per season average on a 5 year net spend total.

I actually said yesterday that on the basis of those totals you should wait until FM has been here 5 years before comparing.

However you wanted to look at the 3 window spend so far, so looking only at last seasons net spend, that net spend is comparable with Liverpool, and dwarfs Spurs average net spend over 5 years.

So if your gonna moan about our spending, at least don't put two teams in there which completely contradict your point.

Do u even math?

City 165m
Utd 102m
Everton 86m
Arsenal 86m
Chelsea 51m
Spurs 27m
Vermin MINUS 6m

Third highest spend...FFS, what does it matter if you're selling off the family silver to fund it?

We will only progress when we aren't constantly selling our best. Has Moshiri broken that model as he promised? No, he hasn't.

He has 10 weeks to convince me....which, might I remind you, was your position until a few days back. You've caved in and jumped on the 'look at our brand new shiney players' bandwagon.

Third highest spend...FFS, what does it matter if you're selling off the family silver to fund it?

We will only progress when we aren't constantly selling our best. Has Moshiri broken that model as he promised? No, he hasn't.

He has 10 weeks to convince me....which, might I remind you, was your position until a few days back. You've caved in and jumped on the 'look at our brand new shiney players' bandwagon.

STAY DOWN DAVE.

No. The post I quoted provided a per season average on a 5 year net spend total.

I actually said yesterday that on the basis of those totals you should wait until FM has been here 5 years before comparing.

However you wanted to look at the 3 window spend so far, so looking only at last seasons net spend, that net spend is comparable with Liverpool, and dwarfs Spurs average net spend over 5 years.

So if your gonna moan about our spending, at least don't put two teams in there which completely contradict your point.
Oh please mate, stop it. The goal psots are shifted when you're talking about giving this feller 5 seasons before judging him.

The vast majority on here were saying they'd judge Moshiri this summer on cash laid out for transfers over and above what we sell.

All that's happened in the intervening period is we've signed a few players and that's pacified people who really should be waiting until September.

But we are selling our best because they don't want to be here. Barkley and Stones are replaceable players. What the hell that has to do with net spend is confusing me. We are trying to improve the squad as a whole, and what i have seen so far is us heading in the right direction.

So you expect Everton to have a higher net spend than United, City etc. Delusional.
For at least one season, yes I do.

That was what Moshiri indicated he thought was needed when he spoke 6 months ago about a window of opportunity that needs to be taken:

"It is not enough to say ‘we are special’,” he said. “We don’t want to be a museum. We need to be competitive and we need to win.

“The gold standard is the Premier League. The league is where our competitive edge will be measured.

“We have a window to establish ourselves and we will do everything we can.

Well a start has been made last week on that. But he needs watching like a hawk that it isn't clawed back with sales at the end of the window when (I'm sure) they'll all feel they can whizz them through without fuss once the season starts.

Oh please mate, stop it. The goal psots are shifted when you're talking about giving this feller 5 seasons before judging him.

The vast majority on here were saying they'd judge Moshiri this summer on cash laid out for transfers over and above what we sell.

All that's happened in the intervening period is we've signed a few players and that's pacified people who really should be waiting until September.
But surely it should be who we sign and not how much we spend. Let's say hypothetically we sell Rom for 90 and bought James Rodriguez for 60 would that make it a bad window. We won't get that sort of deal but surely we need to see who comes and not for how much.

That's just a lie. Sound like you are now shifting the goalposts. I think most have said we want to see transfers full stop. Squad improving and if we lose Lukaku and Barkley we replace them.

The only one harping on about the rich man blowing billions is you with your nonsensical "net spend".

So far we still have the two players mentioned above and have spend a good chunk on two potentially good players.

and please don't reply that the signings are from the cash we will get from lukaku as that's BS. No businessman sanctions two massive fees in the hope they get record sales down the road. Especially if they don't have it.

But we are selling our best because they don't want to be here. Barkley and Stones are replaceable players. What the hell that has to do with net spend is confusing me. We are trying to improve the squad as a whole, and what i have seen so far is us heading in the right direction.
Trying to keep your best players means investing in the squad and getting higher in the PL. That is something Moshiri failed to do last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back