Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh please mate, stop it. The goal psots are shifted when you're talking about giving this feller 5 seasons before judging him.

The vast majority on here were saying they'd judge Moshiri this summer on cash laid out for transfers over and above what we sell.

All that's happened in the intervening period is we've signed a few players and that's pacified people who really should be waiting until September.

Ha ha. I'm not talking about giving him 5 years. You were the one who brought the 5 year measure of 6 teams net spend. When it then has been pointed out that our spend last year, was comparable with 2 of the 6 teams you highlighted, there's no response on that point.

I don't really give a monkeys about net spend, I care about improvement on the pitch. Getting better players in, getting worse players out.

That's just a lie. Sound like you are now shifting the goalposts. I think most have said we want to see transfers full stop. Squad improving and if we lose Lukaku and Barkley we replace them.
The only one harping on about the rich man blowing billions is you with your nonsensical "net spend".
So far we still have the two players mentioned above and have spend a good chunk on two potentially good players. and please don't reply that the signings are from the cash we will get from lukaku as that's BS. No businessman sanctions two massive fees in the hope they get record sales down the road. Especially if they don't have it.
Completely naive.

Ha ha. I'm not talking about giving him 5 years. You were the one who brought the 5 year measure of 6 teams net spend. When it then has been pointed out that our spend last year, was comparable with 2 of the 6 teams you highlighted, there's no response on that point.

I don't really give a monkeys about net spend, I care about improvement on the pitch. Getting better players in, getting worse players out.
You dont give a monkeys about net spend? Why? If that's the case then Kenwright needn't have moved aside (if he has).

But surely it should be who we sign and not how much we spend. Let's say hypothetically we sell Rom for 90 and bought James Rodriguez for 60 would that make it a bad window. We won't get that sort of deal but surely we need to see who comes and not for how much.
Of course there are bargains. But by and large spending big whilst retaining your most valuable players will cost. And that's how teams become competitive for the CL places and trophies.

Trying to keep your best players means investing in the squad and getting higher in the PL. That is something Moshiri failed to do last summer.
Agreed but he's been talking of going since he got here. Not a lot we can do but get the best price we can. It would be next summer though if it was down to me.

Agreed but he's been talking of going since he got here. Not a lot we can do but get the best price we can. It would be next summer though if it was down to me.
There is absolutely no excuse to lose Barkley however. This club are low balling him and taking the piss. I'm 100% convinced of it. The lad wants to play for Everton.

You dont give a monkeys about net spend? Why? If that's the case then Kenwright needn't have moved aside (if he has).

There are many other important factors associated with running a club, but I can sense you moving the goalposts here, without answering the point I and several others have made.

Still remains that your favourite topic of the net spend, ours last year was ~£23m (comparable or better than 2 of the 6), and your figures show that our average for the previous 5 was £13m. So even on that very limited measure is better under FM.

There is absolutely no excuse to lose Barkley however. This club are low balling him and taking the piss. I'm 100% convinced of it. The lad wants to play for Everton.

Think it matters more who his agent wants him playing for mate

100k pw - low balling - LOL

Don't get me started on players wages. Football should have sorted this a long time back. The amount of money leaving the game on a weekly basis is just ridiculous. But we are were we are so he should be offered more as he didn't cost us anything. Just think the crap he's getting around town may have just tipped him over the edge.

Don't get me started on players wages. Football should have sorted this a long time back. The amount of money leaving the game on a weekly basis is just ridiculous. But we are were we are so he should be offered more as he didn't cost us anything. Just think the crap he's getting around town may have just tipped him over the edge.
Maybe. But there are posters bandying about 6 figure numbers on wages when no one knows on here wtf is being offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back