Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

N'Zogbia - Possible interesting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he actually that good?

He's one of those that looks good on Match of the Day, but then so does Bily. Is he actually consistent? Or could he be in a decent team?

These aren't loaded questions, by the way. I'm just genuinely wondering, has anyone here watched him enough to cast an informed opinion?

He's one of those that looks good on Match of the Day, but then so does Bily. Is he actually consistent? Or could he be in a decent team?

These aren't loaded questions, by the way. I'm just genuinely wondering, has anyone here watched him enough to cast an informed opinion?

Good point. Bily generally does 3 or 4 things really well in a game ( contentious, I know ) and they all make MOTD.

Another consipancy theory ?

MOTD producer being paid by Dave Whelan to ramp N'Zogbia to make him appear better than he his. BBC to take 25% of anything over £4million transfer fee.

You heard it here ... first !

Hes superb mate, this season has been by far his best, he has the ability to influence, change and win a game - therw is a lot more to come from him he has only begun to realise his potential, he can distribute, dribble and penetrate, he has pace to burn and a quick football brain. He would be brilliant for us as a winger/inside forward on the left and i would explode in my pants to see him link up with Baines. I do think he is a bit of a Ted though.

10 goals and 5 assists this season - in 32 games this season
7 goals and 7 assits last season - in 35 games.

He is exactly what we need in terms of stregthing.

Hes superb mate, this season has been by far his best, he has the ability to influence, change and win a game - therw is a lot more to come from him he has only begun to realise his potential, he can distribute, dribble and penetrate, he has pace to burn and a quick football brain. He would be brilliant for us as a winger/inside forward on the left and i would explode in my pants to see him link up with Baines. I do think he is a bit of a Ted though.

10 goals and 5 assists this season - in 32 games this season
7 goals and 7 assits last season - in 35 games.

He is exactly what we need in terms of stregthing.

Hmmm. I'm sure he'll be great then...

...for Newcastle.

Ha ha i would be amazed if he ended up here to be fair - apprently our interest is strong - but we will faff about for a few months and miss the boat and watch him play for Sunderland.

Our interest may be strong, but our financial muscle is flaccid.

Until it's having decent amounts of money pumped through its veins, it will stay limp, and we won't be able to seal the deal with anyone half-decent.

Our interest may be strong, but our financial muscle is flaccid.

Until it's having decent amounts of money pumped through its veins, it will stay limp, and we won't be able to seal the deal with anyone half-decent.

Ha ha and the cirlce begins again mate, im chooseing to have hope untill the second week of preseason, it will get me over my hols.

*Waits for a SWP on loan thread Aug 31st.

Has ijjy posted a percentage chance of this happening yet ?

Would be delighted if he were to sign for us , normally id say we have 0.0% chance of getting it done , but the fact that he has only the one year remaining on his current id upgrade it to a 2.5% chance .

Hes BOSS , but even IF we had the dough , which WE DID NOT LAST WEEK , but may JUST HAVE NOW ...

Its the most Boss Heavy side of Pitch - Bainsey .. It would take ALL the current Budget ..

I Pooh-Poohed this last week cause we didnt have the dough ..

He DIDNT SIGN ...

Q.E.D.

Carry on ,...

Hes BOSS , but even IF we had the dough , which WE DID NOT LAST WEEK , but may JUST HAVE NOW ...

Its the most Boss Heavy side of Pitch - Bainsey .. It would take ALL the current Budget ..

I Pooh-Poohed this last week cause we didnt have the dough ..

He DIDNT SIGN ...

Q.E.D.

Carry on ,...

Good point. I quite like having a CM at LM to drift inside and let Bainesy overlap. We desperately need a proper right winger though. Coleman isn't good enough there for me.

Good point. I quite like having a CM at LM to drift inside and let Bainesy overlap. We desperately need a proper right winger though. Coleman isn't good enough there for me.

Its a good point mate, we like Seamie becuase he has bags of heart, but we need a min 8 goals and prob simialar in assists to be coming from both wide positions for me to support a striker, in fact i think the wide positions are prob more important then a striker in terms of priority. For some reason i think Beckford and Saha are capable of coming up with 15 which i think is all that can be reasonably expected from someone playing in a 4-5-1 - not saying another striker wouldnt be welcome though. The midfeild should be chipping with 30+ for me in that system.

Last edited:
Its a good point mate, we like Seamie becuase he bags of heart, but we need min 8 goals and prob simialr in assists to be coming from wide positions for me to support a striker, in fact i think its prob more important then a striker. For some reason i think Beckford and Saha are capable of coming up with 15 which i think is all that can be reasonably expected from someone playing in a 4-5-1 - not saying another striker wouldnt be welcome though, the midfeild shout be chipping with 30+ for me in that system.

Ideally I'd like to see 4-4-2 from here on out. Or failing that, a 4-2-3-1. Those two formations gave us so much more joy than the traditional 4-5-1/4-4-1-1.

However I'd happily bet anyone a tenner that, pending fitness, Moyes will start our first game next season with Saha and Cahill in a 4-4-1-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back