Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

N'Zogbia - Possible interesting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he signed for Newcastle yet?

I'm spotting a recurring theme here

I'm going to start a Twitter rumour that Everton are going to buy Kris Commons for £4million.

Just because we get linked with all sorts of Bleach swigging stuff on the internet.

He is going Liverpool.

This is what I had brought to my attention as well but, as someone else has posted, that account has gone, and the original source didn't contain any quotes...
Always sceptical but wouldn't surprise me, I don't think we can bid till we sell at least 2 players for decent cash.

Hey now, hey now dont dream its over:

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has vowed to get the best price possible for in-demand winger Charles N'Zogbia.
The Frenchman, who still has 12 months left to run on his contract at the DW Stadium, came close to joining Birmingham in a £9million deal last summer.

That agreement collapsed over personal terms, with the Blues
spacer.gif
reluctant to meet the demands on the table.
Whelan claims there are a number of sides interested in the 25-year-old winger during the current transfer window - Liverpool,
spacer.gif
Sunderland and Newcastle
spacer.gif
have all been linked - and although he expects the player to leave he has made it clear that it will only be for the right price.

"I do think he will go this summer, but we want the right price before we allow that to happen," said the Latics chairman.

"We have a fee in mind that we want, and we are fighting to get that fee.

"There's been an awful lot of interest in Charles. We've had three or four clubs biting, wanting to be kept in the know.

"There's been no official bids yet, and I think it'll be another week to 10 days before things get as serious as that.

"But he's worth a hell of a lot more than the fee we're asking.

"Whichever club gets Charles will be getting a great player for far less than what he is actually worth."

Whelan admits, however, N'Zogbia's
spacer.gif
aborted transfer to St Andrews last year could have tainted his reputation.

"Clubs are perhaps looking at him and thinking twice, thinking he's difficult, but that wasn't his fault at all," he told the Wigan Evening Post.

"It was the agents who were to blame for what happened, not Charles."

"I do think he will go this summer, but we want the right price before we allow that to happen," said the Latics chairman.

"But he's worth a hell of a lot more than the fee we're asking.

"Whichever club gets Charles will be getting a great player for far less than what he is actually worth."

"It was the agents who were to blame for what happened, not Charles."

Bl00dy Hell.
Whelan makes Kenwright sound ambitious for his club !

*ducking for cover*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back