Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

I don't think there is any footage of it,but there is a "Classic matches thread" on here mate,I couldn't believe my luck a few weeks ago I found Alex Youngs header v Spurs that 1963 title year and Ballys debut at Fulham 1966 which are in there,good for you mate,my old fella is 77 this year,still goes and enjoys it,it may not be great at the moment but its still Everton isn't it?:)
That header by the Golden vision,I was in the G S for that,he seemed to hang in the air,uncanny really,and the noise when he scored was unbelievable

That header by the Golden vision,I was in the G S for that,he seemed to hang in the air,uncanny really,and the noise when he scored was unbelievable
I believe so,I always regret mentioning the Vision to my Dad,you can't shut him up about himlol,he must have been some player to still be held in such esteem.

Aerial photo of GP, top right :
slide14.webp

Fans rave about John stones if John Stones turns out to be half as good as John Hurst above I will be made up a defender who could fetch the ball out of defence, and make and score goals, and solid as centre back along side Labby the Captain!

.....certainly underrated was John Hurst. I don't remember him scoring goals but a number of pictures on here suggest otherwise. Another from that era (Kendall et al) who were not recognised at international level.

.....certainly underrated was John Hurst. I don't remember him scoring goals but a number of pictures on here suggest otherwise. Another from that era (Kendall et al) who were not recognised at international level.
Can't get my head around the fact that some of that 1970 didn't get more international recognition. However when you look at it deeper, we were the reigning world champions at the time. Talent was at a number of clubs, not just sky's top 4. Chelsea, arsenal, RS, city, Leeds, and united all had talented players within their teams playing week in, week out. None of this squad rotation. Even so I don't think it is being biased to suggest, Harvey and Kendall should have got international recognition. Who knows we might have beaten Germany in that quarter final in 70 with the holy trinity and Gordon west in goal. But I don't think anyone would have stopped the brazilians that year.

He started out as a forward bought as a youth player from Blackpool - cat put the no10 shirt on him , and played at centre back a new thing in those days . First ever EFC substitute at Stoke away - he chipped in with the odd goal, but a total footballing defender who rode into midfield never forgot his attacking instincts to score - he was a solid defender fast, good in the air - Labbys legs really at times Labby passed on his shear class to him - they were a great duo at the heart of the defence!

Can't get my head around the fact that some of that 1970 didn't get more international recognition. However when you look at it deeper, we were the reigning world champions at the time. Talent was at a number of clubs, not just sky's top 4. Chelsea, arsenal, RS, city, Leeds, and united all had talented players within their teams playing week in, week out. None of this squad rotation. Even so I don't think it is being biased to suggest, Harvey and Kendall should have got international recognition. Who knows we might have beaten Germany in that quarter final in 70 with the holy trinity and Gordon west in goal. But I don't think anyone would have stopped the brazilians that year.

......Ramsey wasn't in the business of handing out caps. Harvey and Temple were recognised but only just. Probably worth mentioning that the league was made up (almost entirely) of British players, so lots of English to select from.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back