Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

I went to the infants school think it was Deyes Lane,my mum(knew nothing about footy,bless her!!) used to chat to a nice scottish bloke at the gates when it was hometime,one day my mum had a dentists appointment so my dad(a rabid blue!!)came to collect me,the scottish bloke turned out to be dear old Sandy Brown,my dad couldn't believe my old mum had been chatting to him for months and not known who he waslol
If I may be so bold what year was that. Some of the Blues hung out at St. Georges Park on Sundays. My Granddad pointed them out when I was a little tiddler.

image13.webp

I went to the infants school think it was Deyes Lane,my mum(knew nothing about footy,bless her!!) used to chat to a nice scottish bloke at the gates when it was hometime,one day my mum had a dentists appointment so my dad(a rabid blue!!)came to collect me,the scottish bloke turned out to be dear old Sandy Brown,my dad couldn't believe my old mum had been chatting to him for months and not known who he waslol

Oh blimey, in the words of RM, that is incredible and a phenomenal experience. I think we are all green with envy now. At that time Maghull was the place to live for footballers. I think Labby's firm was there as well.

If your Big Bros was there perhaps, ask him about it. Sory to hear about your Da, mine passed away a long time ago as well, another rabid Everton fan going way back to the twenties.

Hi I spoke to my brother - I was right he was at that Derby game with my late father 73,000 He stated it was a good game end to end football the noise was tremendous, he would have been about 14 years old, but he was a tall lad for his age so he was in the Bullins road paddock with a good view of the game, even then the crowd would sway , and push- he told me the biggest crowd he ever witnessed was earlier when he was younger v Burnley Boxing Day - when Burnley were in no 1 spot 74,000 he said that was very packed where he was as once you put your hands in your pocket that was it no room to take them out, and he got lifted in the air as the crowd swayed forwards and urine just ran down the steps where you were standing - He thinks we got beat
He can remember also at Goodison park where it was one payment on the terraces to get in and you could walk to any spot from the park end to Goodison road into Glawdys street end so you could change ends at half time the paddock in the Bullins road was blocked off as it was more expensive to stand there so in effect you could choose thee sides of the ground to view the game standing!

Hope this give you an insight to the working mans game in that era where the players were not paid film stars wages!

Just looked my EFC bible, and my older brother got it one day out v Burnley in 1960/61 season We played them away on Boxing Day, and won 3-1! The very next day we played them again at home with an attendance of 74,867, and lost 3-0!
Then typical Everton lost the next 7 games on the bounce dropping from 3rd to 6th!

Last edited:
Hi I spoke to my brother - I was right he was at that Derby game with my late father 73,000 He stated it was a good game end to end football the noise was tremendous, he would have been about 14 years old, but he was a tall lad for his age so he was in the Bullins road paddock with a good view of the game, even then the crowd would sway , and push- he told me the biggest crowd he ever witnessed was earlier when he was younger v Burnley Boxing Day - when Burnley were in no 1 spot 74,000 he said that was very packed where he was as once you put your hands in your pocket that was it no room to take them out, and he got lifted in the air as the crowd swayed forwards and urine just ran down the steps where you were standing - He thinks we got beat
He can remember also at Goodison park where it was one payment on the terraces to get in and you could walk to any spot from the park end to Goodison road into Glawdys street end so you could change ends at half time the paddock in the Bullins road was blocked off as it was more expensive to stand there so in effect you could choose thee sides of the ground to view the game standing!

Hope this give you an insight to the working mans game in that era where the players were not paid film stars wages!
Loads would switch ends at HT to get near the goal we were attacking in to. There was a pathway on the Goodison Rd terracing roughly about where the back óf the Enclosure is now, that allowed everyone to get from one end to the other without having to work your way through terracing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back