Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

Curiously regards GP. I was never in Bullens Road paddock or stand. Never been in park end. Had a couple of goes in Goodison Road. I was always in GSE standing or a bit later in the Stand.

The game that really sticks in my mind and the fury of the crowd, me included was the game against Leeds when Bell tried to darn near kill Temple.

Was anyone on here at that game?
The only part of Goodison I never went in was the Goodison road side standing or sitting - ( don't know why) every where else I stood or sat - the Boys pen once - it was awful the kids climbed up the railings poor view , and high pitched singing!

I would have thought so my brother was there Sandy Brown sent off for punching Giles out as Giles had studded him in the chest - evidently it was Bobby Collins first return after HC had crapped on him to leave us - they won 1-0 my brother recons temple was hit so hard in the tackle he ended almost in the crowd it was a battle of dirty play all through the game as the link above reports!

I would have thought so my brother was there Sandy Brown sent off for punching Giles out as Giles had studded him in the chest - evidently it was Bobby Collins first return after HC had crapped on him to leave us - they won 1-0 my brother recons temple was hit so hard in the tackle he ended almost in the crowd it was a battle of dirty play all through the game as the link above reports!

Joey, it was all the above. As I said earlier they were a dirty side.

Joey, it was all the above. As I said earlier they were a dirty side.
When I was looking for a report about the match I came across a Leeds website who had a section about how the dirty tag was undeserved. They had pie charts and graphs. They also had newspaper reports from the sixties and seventies which contradicted everything they were saying.
The link for the reports if interested :
http://www.mightyleeds.co.uk/matches/19641107.htm

Here's an interesting photo, can you name the other players?

download.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back