Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

I spent most of the Catterick years at Hudson school. Then the Billy Bingham's years with Alan Harper and John Connolly at Deyes Lane.
I too went to Hudson (65-70) and then Ormonde Drive in the 70's and remember getting the 321 home with my mate and none other than Brian Labone was sitting on the bus in the seat right behind us. It was a mid week match and he hadn't been playing that night but even so for us at 13 to see one of hero's amongst us was amazing. Different times I suppose and yes, you're right, we didn't speak to him we just whispered to each other "look who's behind us" etc!

6iTYRWo.jpg

Ace tale. I love stuff like this.
I sent that to my older brother he seen T Jones play great centre half lived behind the Quiet Man pub in a private house on the edge of Mosscroft estate Huyton - played golf in his retirement playing golf.
When he was injured my brother watched a young unknown take his place and mark the great Tom Finney called Labone aged 18 to become an even greater centre half!

I got this from a car boot an age ago Peter Farrell the Southern Irish Everton Captain in the mid 1950's My brother recons he lived in a bungalow at the bottom of Mosscroft estate Huyton on retirement - thanks to forum member Toffee Lover, and my son for getting this old picture on - do any older fans recall him - look how the Toffee lady is dressed - brilliant I remember the toffee lady in the 1960's never ever got a Toffee tried my best in the scramble!
TOFFEE LADY PETER FARRELLwatermark__1428963470_87.115.4.25.webp

Last edited:
I got this from a car boot an age ago Peter Farrell the Southern Irish Everton Captain in the mid 1950's My brother recons he lived in a bungalow at the bottom of Mosscroft estate Huyton on retirement - thanks to forum member Toffee Lover, and my son for getting this old picture on - do any older fans recall him - look how the Toffee lady is dressed - brilliant I remember the toffee lady in the 1960's never ever got a Toffee tried my best in the scramble!
View attachment 8216
Better than this incarnation :
3e13b572457778644e9b34465a76e458.webp

View attachment 8216
Don't remember him myself but he was one of me dads all time greats. Always used to tell me about the Irish contingent who played for us in the 40's and 50's. His top 3 favourite players of all time were Roy Vernon, Alex Young and number 1 was Peter Farrell.

Don't remember him myself but he was one of me dads all time greats. Always used to tell me about the Irish contingent who played for us in the 40's and 50's. His top 3 favourite players of all time were Roy Vernon, Alex Young and number 1 was Peter Farrell.
I got the whole magazine from a car boot and I sent the picture to my older brother - he stated it rolled back the memories as our father rated him in then a struggling blues team - Its a great rean d inside the monthly mag I have it somewhere in the house, but heares a write up on a great EFC player Captain
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ews/shamrock-scousers-everton-fc-hero-3380139
I used to collect so much stuff looked last night cant find it! took the picture an age ago for my older brother - He gave me some information about Peter Farrell, and stated it had rolled back the memories of how my father rated this player!

I got the whole magazine from a car boot and I sent the picture to my older brother - he stated it rolled back the memories as our father rated him in then a struggling blues team - Its a great rean d inside the monthly mag I have it somewhere in the house, but heares a write up on a great EFC player Captain
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ews/shamrock-scousers-everton-fc-hero-3380139
I used to collect so much stuff looked last night cant find it! took the picture an age ago for my older brother - He gave me some information about Peter Farrell, and stated it had rolled back the memories of how my father rated this player!

......very good. Peter Farrell was before my time (I reckon my first game was 1960) but I know that he was well thought of by those who watched him. I've got a fair bit of old press cuttings and memorabilia up in the loft, including. 33' LP of the 1966 semi and FA Cup Final. Suspect we could all contribute to the Everton collection.

Yes its out there sometimes on the car boots, I don't go now due to illness, and e bay dominates things now! It was a great Magazine when I read it Charles Buchan's Monthly - how the game has changed!

I too went to Hudson (65-70) and then Ormonde Drive in the 70's and remember getting the 321 home with my mate and none other than Brian Labone was sitting on the bus in the seat right behind us. It was a mid week match and he hadn't been playing that night but even so for us at 13 to see one of hero's amongst us was amazing. Different times I suppose and yes, you're right, we didn't speak to him we just whispered to each other "look who's behind us" etc!
St George's, St Gregs and Maricourt!!!! Exact same era. First played for St Gregs school team at Hudson and for then for Maricourt at Ormonde drive!!!!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back