Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

My Great Grandfather is named on this programme, Dickie Boyle

Thanks for posting!
My Great Grandfather is named on this programme, Dickie Boyle

Thanks for posting!
Blurry fag card photo - photos of other nineteenth century players :
http://www.schoolofscience.eu/hall-of-fame.php
v0_thumb-1.webp

The 1977 f.a cup semi - final at Maine road is featured this Sunday on BBC2 at 9am on their fa cup rewind show.They are showing extended highlights with another game in an hour long show for anybody who is interested.
Remember that game, and the whole day leading up to it, and the week that followed as if it were yesterday.

It's in Dixie deans autobiography that he played in a baseball match/game Dixe was asked by the USA star player how much he earned , and the comparison to the baseball player was super wages so yes we must have had a history of one off games perhaps?

From http://www.dixies60.com/2011/05/05/happy-anniversary-dixie/

babe-ruth-300x300.jpg

1666_info.gif.jpg

Babe meets Dixie

In 1934 Babe came to England and met Dixie on a visit to White Hart Lane, seldom have two chronic record beaters been so close. As Dixie shook the Bambino’s hand they began to chew the sporting cud. A 1977 interview with journalist John Roberts allows us to be flies on the dressing room wall. .

“Gee, you’ll get some cash today,” Ruth told Dixie.

When Dixie told Ruth that he got paid just £8 a week, Ruth looked back with wide eyed and slack jawed disbelief.

“Jesus Christ,” spluttered the Bambino. “I’d demand two thirds of this gate!”

Ruth ,who earned almost 20% of Yankee payroll compared to Dean’s 3 percent later declared:

“What a racket! What’s the chances of me buying into one of those football clubs?”

Two greats, who in the space of a year broke records by reaching sixty…

babe-ruth-300x300.jpg

1666_info.gif.jpg

Babe meets Dixie

In 1934 Babe came to England and met Dixie on a visit to White Hart Lane, seldom have two chronic record beaters been so close. As Dixie shook the Bambino’s hand they began to chew the sporting cud. A 1977 interview with journalist John Roberts allows us to be flies on the dressing room wall. .

When Dixie told Ruth that he got paid just £8 a week, Ruth looked back with wide eyed and slack jawed disbelief.

Ruth ,who earned almost 20% of Yankee payroll compared to Dean’s 3 percent later declared:

“What a racket! What’s the chances of me buying into one of those football clubs?”

All of this has just reminded me that I was interested in this a couple of months ago. So interested that I registered with the Major League Baseball website to see if I could find any further information. Completely forgot about it, but I'll go on to one of their forums to see if anybody has anything interesting..

babe-ruth-300x300.jpg

1666_info.gif.jpg

Babe meets Dixie

Brilliant stuff it's in Dixes autobiography, a must buy for any blues fans this guy was a complete athlete - his statue should be gold if we could afford it and protect it!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back