Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

All of this has just reminded me that I was interested in this a couple of months ago. So interested that I registered with the Major League Baseball website to see if I could find any further information. Completely forgot about it, but I'll go on to one of their forums to see if anybody has anything interesting..
Done ; my user name is Nil Satis Nisi Optimum ; that'll confuse them. I was tempted to be sarcastic but reined myself in.

I remember Peter Farrell very well, Captain and right-half. I never got a toffee either, Joey, but then no one did if they were
in the Upper Bullens and later the boys pen like me. The Toffee Lady couldn't throw that far.

The Boys Pen and the Territorial Imperative: I always thought that Richard Attenborough and the BBC could have saved the fares to Africa to record the monkeys by sticking a camera on the fence.

Off topic this, I know, but my daughter says that Attenborough is a fraud. She says he just watches the wild life footage, does
voiceovers and never leaves his couch. Don't know where she got that from, but there you go.

Er, I don't agree with her, btw

I remember Peter Farrell very well, Captain and right-half. I never got a toffee either, Joey, but then no one did if they were
in the Upper Bullens and later the boys pen like me. The Toffee Lady couldn't throw that far.

I was either in the Gladwys street - the Park end - the paddock - Jeff it was impossible to get one it was a rugby scramble, and the height of those walls at the front is often where they rolled down to! which were packed with lads stood on boxes crates etc, they were favourites!
It was always nice to see her parade around all the ground just 1/2 an hour or so before kick off - I went in the boys pen once, 2 & 1/2 p sixpence in those days - It was hard to see the game with the lads climbing up the cage for a better view, I only started seeing the blues at the age of 5/6 years old so I missed Peter Farrell - My late Father stated he was a great Captain who he watched when we were struggling a wee bit, Tommy Eglington he liked too in that team his favourite player ever was TG Jones, and Tony Kay- TG Jones he told me was the first centre half he had seen dribble the ball out of defence and surge forwards, and could use both feet, and had a tremendous shot with either ., and he was so fast, Dixie Dean Praises the ability of TG Jones too!

everton+daniel+amokachi+1995.jpg

Thanks for that information - He scored a fair few goals in his time -I thank you for your comments
Yes Joey he scored quite a few, especially for a wing half, I remember one, on a Xmas Eve I think, he scored in the 1st.
minute at Anfield, but you know who won, yes, those B-------d's 3-1. he also scored in the semi final of 1953 against
Bolton Wanderers, we lost 4-3, coming back from 4-0 down at half time. He was a great leader who led by example.

My late uncle was at his wedding but I can't verify the Huyton link
I asked my brother tonight on the retired Peter Farrell - he lived not far from TE Jones in their own houses in Huyton Mosscroft area, and were often seen on the then new Prescott/Huyton Golf Course as my brother was on ex a member there- he seemed certain about that as as a kid he seen them both play - hope that helps.

I asked my brother tonight on the retired Peter Farrell - he lived not far from TE Jones in their own houses in Huyton Mosscroft area, and were often seen on the then new Prescott/Huyton Golf Course as my brother was on ex a member there- he seemed certain about that as as a kid he seen them both play - hope that helps.
That is great! To be honest I get confused about my dad and uncle's stories about Farrell and Eglington. My dad and family were Bootle of Irish descent so F and E were major heroes but I never paid enough attention!!!!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back