Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

I got this from a car boot an age ago Peter Farrell the Southern Irish Everton Captain in the mid 1950's My brother recons he lived in a bungalow at the bottom of Mosscroft estate Huyton on retirement - thanks to forum member Toffee Lover, and my son for getting this old picture on - do any older fans recall him - look how the Toffee lady is dressed - brilliant I remember the toffee lady in the 1960's never ever got a Toffee tried my best in the scramble!
View attachment 8216
My late uncle was at his wedding but I can't verify the Huyton link

Peter Farrell was playing the first time I saw Everton in 1948 versus Arsenal, he was a great player and an even
better captain. He was still playing and captain in the mid fifties. He signed for the Blues along with Tommy
Eglington, a left winger, who also played for Eire. They left Everton together and joined Tranmere Rovers.

Peter captained the club when they came out of the 2nd. Division in 1954 clinching promotion in a memorable game
at Oldham Athletic. Farrell wrote a weekly article for the Liverpool Echo.He must in my opinion be one of the best captains
Everton have ever had, got lovely memories of Peter playing for us.

My Great Grandfather is named on this programme, Dickie Boyle

Thanks for posting!
Fine moustache :
v0_medium.webp

Awesome that esk,he was pretty much one of our EFC forefathers if he played in the final in 1897 mate:)

Cheers mate, he joined Everton in 1892 the year we moved to Goodison. Played 231 games and scored 7 times including the second goal in the 1897 Cup Final. He left in 1902 going back to Scotland briefly to play for Dundee. He became Everton's 5th Club Captain.

Cheers mate, he joined Everton in 1892 the year we moved to Goodison. Played 231 games and scored 7 times including the second goal in the 1897 Cup Final. He left in 1902 going back to Scotland briefly to play for Dundee. He became Everton's 5th Club Captain.
Fantastic,must make you very proud esk,love our formation on the programme for that final mate,2-3-5 it looks like,I think Bobby may try that one out before the end of the season;):)

nice one,hope you are proud,I know I would be.

Very proud mate, one of his sons, My Grandad was an incredible Blue. He never missed a home game from 1927 until the weekend he died in 1974. My Mum, his daughter was a passionate Blue and I've just followed in their footsteps. Thankfully my two teenage kids follow too, and I look forward to the day that their children become 6th generation Blues :)

Peter Farrell was playing the first time I saw Everton in 1948 versus Arsenal, he was a great player and an even
better captain. He was still playing and captain in the mid fifties. He signed for the Blues along with Tommy
Eglington, a left winger, who also played for Eire. They left Everton together and joined Tranmere Rovers.

Peter captained the club when they came out of the 2nd. Division in 1954 clinching promotion in a memorable game
at Oldham Athletic. Farrell wrote a weekly article for the Liverpool Echo.He must in my opinion be one of the best captains
Everton have ever had, got lovely memories of Peter playing for us.
Thanks for that information - He scored a fair few goals in his time -I thank you for your comments

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back