Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

.....that's the one, possibility that it could be Walkers on the other side of Bellefield but I think it's Barnfield. The old railway is behind the wall in the background.

It's not the Walkers as that had a stone wall running up the left side not a wooden fence :)

It's not the Walkers as that had a stone wall running up the left side not a wooden fence :)

....the stone wall is still there leading up into Sandfield Park and St Edwards College, I walked up there on Monday morning. The wooden fence on Barnfield (officially called Bill Shankley Playing Fields) has been metal for many years but the kids always managed to bend a hole in the railings so they didn't have to run all the way around when the ball went over.

Poor Andy King, so sad and so unfair.

....the stone wall is still there leading up into Sandfield Park and St Edwards College, I walked up there on Monday morning. The wooden fence on Barnfield (officially called Bill Shankley Playing Fields) has been metal for many years but the kids always managed to bend a hole in the railings so they didn't have to run all the way around when the ball went over.

Poor Andy King, so sad and so unfair.

Walkers used to be my home pitch :)

Very sad re Andy King, but he lived the dream, and will be in heaven looking down on us blues reminiscing on that great day in 1978

Super photo Esk, hope you don't mind me adding these.

15948-zoom.webp

King.webp

Attachments

• h_00350803.webp
    h_00350803.webp
    43.5 KB · Views: 90

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back