Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

PA-319347.jpg

Any one on here in the Kop when he equalised in anfield derby. Not sure if the same season now? Great place to be at that precise moment.
I only ever stood on the Kop three times as a blue, not in the season of1978/9 when Andy scored his famous winner at home on the 28th of October 1978 - he did score in a 1-1 draw in the same season on March the 13 th a Tuesday night game at Anfield over those two Derbys the attendances added up to over 105'000 fans, they won the league and we finished 4th in today's game a champions league position!
Kings. chipped in with 16 goals in all comps that. Season- the season big Bob got his 30 league goals a great attacking goal scoring partnership Manager Gordon Lee promoted Kingy as a second striker - RIP Kingy!

I only ever stood on the Kop three times as a blue, not in the season of1978/9 when Andy scored his famous winner at home on the 28th of October 1978 - he did score in a 1-1 draw in the same season on March the 13 th a Tuesday night game at Anfield over those two Derbys the attendances added up to over 105'000 fans, they won the league and we finished 4th in today's game a champions league position!
Kings. chipped in with 16 goals in all comps that. Season- the season big Bob got his 30 league goals a great attacking goal scoring partnership Manager Gordon Lee promoted Kingy as a second striker - RIP Kingy!

...there were calls for him to get an England call up but I don't think it ever materialised.

...there were calls for him to get an England call up but I don't think it ever materialised.
Don't forget it was still the ilk of southern players playing for London teams always seem to get the call up were favourites - just imagine if we had a team with Ball Harvey , and Kendall in it today all three would be the basis of the England midfield team - It took an age for Joe Royle to play, and Bob Latchford.
The Late great Sir Bobby Robson seen his Ipswich team destroyed by them three, and passed comment of why they{ all three} were not playing for England and that was before we had been Champions with them!
So Kingy may have been on the fringes, but players from southern teams who were average were mostly chosen in that era!
some southern bog standard players off hand Alan Mullery - Martin Chivers - Peter Bonetti - Ray Wilkins - Northern players Nobby Styles - Jack Charlton there must have been many more who got caps Howard Kendall never got one what a joke!

Just looked it up ...
Wales in 1976...1st appearance......
Yugoslavia in European Championship Semi Final.
Andy scored on 43 mins. sadly they were beaten 2-1...1978.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back