Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

SfwZbtG.png

Just found the 84/85 colour handbook, had a leaf through and had a good giggle at the optimism of youth on the back page. I enjoy reading the casual pride of the time of the stadium. Sorry I can't work out how to embed the pics, so you'll have to be super lazy and click on them.

Attachments

Just found the 84/85 colour handbook, had a leaf through and had a good giggle at the optimism of youth on the back page. I enjoy reading the casual pride of the time of the stadium. Sorry I can't work out how to embed the pics, so you'll have to be super lazy and click on them.
Capacity 53,000. That would do us. (Would we fill it?)

Capacity 53,000. That would do us. (Would we fill it?)

we rarely did then.
someone posed a question after we played at Sunderland on a boxing day, of how far you needed to go back to find a game that beat the attendance at Goodison, excluding Derbies, Bayern Semi, v QPR when won the league you get the jist ...'normal game'

You had to go back to about 1973

We averaged 40'000 when the bus strike was on, not many car owners in those days, but it was affordable, a club had to survive on a to gate monies, and the odd millionaire backer nowadays you need Sky, and a billionaire - the players get Hollywood star wages unlike yesterday year!

25P for the program, on the back page for all you smokers the advert is for Embassy without coupons...
No.3 std.size 45p...
No.1 King size 47p..
Every packet carries a government health warning...:(;)

we rarely did then.
someone posed a question after we played at Sunderland on a boxing day, of how far you needed to go back to find a game that beat the attendance at Goodison, excluding Derbies, Bayern Semi, v QPR when won the league you get the jist ...'normal game'

You had to go back to about 1973
Thing is, the official attendances at GP in the 70s and 80s were a total joke.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back