Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

Here you are Joe.

GoodisonPark.webp

Pre cladded Goodison Road

Goodison Park during the World Cup in 1966.webp

exactly as pointed out in... the shades thread .. hardly missed a game for a good number of years..alongside Labby he had the perfect foil...
Unsung hero if ever there was one ............

Incredibly one footed but ace at bringing the ball out of defence.
Great in the air, and popped up with some great goals, he was a class defender learning everything off Labby- The first time I seen him was at Anfield in a December Derby wearing the no 10 jersey like a rock along side Labby, Bally hit the post in a 0-0 draw - my late father stated what a player what a master stroke by HC to play two central defenders unheard of in those days!
Hursty was originally a forward, and our first ever no 12 as a sub used v Stoke City away!

Last edited:
Great in the air, and popped up with some great goals, he was a class defender learning everything off Labby- The first time I seen him was at Anfield in a December Derby wearing the no 10 jersey like a rock along side Labby, Bally hit the post in a 0-0 draw - my late father stated what a player what a master stroke by HC to play two central defenders unheard of in those days!
Hursty was originally a forward, and our first ever no 12 as a sub used v Stoke City away!
Great stuff. I had forgotten he was converted from a forward.

John Hurst never really given the recognition he deserved. Great player.
Yes if he was playing now would have gained an England cap easily he was the type of player when he was injured you realised how valuable he was - he was a complete footballer who did the leg work for Labby , and learnt most of Labbys attributes, as I said he was always a thrat in midfield and popping up in the box to score - when we won the league in 1969/70 v Unt away he paled a one two on the edge of the box to score a corker to make it 2-0 - I just knew that season that side had everything!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back