Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

dean.jpg

Dixie Dean in action for Everton against Sunderland in 1935 - the Blues won 6-4 but Dean didn't score

we won it for us, not for any kind of revenge for Celtic.

if we'd played that lot in the final there wouldn't haven't been any kind of love-in in the squares of Rotterdam there would've been carnage.
I never said Everton won the cup winners cup for Celtic or as revenge for rapids cheating against Celtic. There are lots of Celtic fans that also support Everton, and we felt a kind of revenge happened for us. Nowhere in the history of football has any club won a cup for another club. You say there would have been carnage in Amsterdam if Celtic had got to the final, well Celtic won the European cup in Lisbon 1967 beating Inter Milan - No fan trouble, got beat by Feyenoord in the European cup final in Milan 1970 - No fan trouble, and lost against Porto in Seville in the Europa league final 2003 and again No fan trouble. Celtic supporters party win, loose or draw. The only clubs there would be any possibility of trouble with would be - ajax, chealski or sevco - all right wing louts, who demand trouble wherever they go. And also in the far distant past with the rs with their then anti - Irish catholic player signing policies and with the rangers fans hatred infiltrating the kop. Up the Toffees

There were a few hundred Celtic there,right end side from are end bottom tier, glad we didn't play them ,imagine them lot after we had hammerd them in the final and off the pitch as well. Really don't like either old firm team, we didn't sing GOT at the time either, they did and ynwa quite a lot as well.
A couple of hundred Celts travelled from Glasgow to support Everton that night, a 600 mile round journey in the middle of the week. Toffees and hoops partied like family that night, all around Goodison there were people with Everton/Celtic bobble hats on. Thirteen years later Everton play rangers in Dave Watson's testimonial. rangers fans attacking Everton fans on Goodison road, and you want to 'hammer' Celtic fans off the park. If you were at the semi-final, and I also see your Clash ticket, ( a band I seen seven or eight times) you most certainly cant be a youngster, I can only thank god that your mindset is very much in the minority among the over twenty fives that attend Everton games. I love Celtic and Everton but the GOT song has been sung at Celtic park since the very early sixties and is actually called the Celtic song- Hail Hail the Celts are here, but its also my joint favourite Everton song along with the royal blue Mersey. Anyway I hope one day you will loose your want to fight with Celtic or any other fans. Whenever I feel angry I listen to Pixies album Surfer Rosa track 7. ps. In the seventies and eighties, 'We are sailing' was the song that got the scarves aloft in the jungle, ynwa was only sung periodically. It wasn't until the Hillsborough disaster memorial game in 1989 that it started getting sung every game.

A couple of hundred Celts travelled from Glasgow to support Everton that night, a 600 mile round journey in the middle of the week. Toffees and hoops partied like family that night, all around Goodison there were people with Everton/Celtic bobble hats on. Thirteen years later Everton play rangers in Dave Watson's testimonial. rangers fans attacking Everton fans on Goodison road, and you want to 'hammer' Celtic fans off the park. If you were at the semi-final, and I also see your Clash ticket, ( a band I seen seven or eight times) you most certainly cant be a youngster, I can only thank god that your mindset is very much in the minority among the over twenty fives that attend Everton games. I love Celtic and Everton but the GOT song has been sung at Celtic park since the very early sixties and is actually called the Celtic song- Hail Hail the Celts are here, but its also my joint favourite Everton song along with the royal blue Mersey. Anyway I hope one day you will loose your want to fight with Celtic or any other fans. Whenever I feel angry I listen to Pixies album Surfer Rosa track 7. ps. In the seventies and eighties, 'We are sailing' was the song that got the scarves aloft in the jungle, ynwa was only sung periodically. It wasn't until the Hillsborough disaster memorial game in 1989 that it started getting sung every game.

There were a few hundred Celtic there,right end side from are end bottom tier, glad we didn't play them ,imagine them lot after we had hammerd them in the final and off the pitch as well. Really don't like either old firm team, we didn't sing GOT at the time either, they did and ynwa quite a lot as well.

Our GOT goes back to the early 60s, then went to a pub song til the mid 80s when it came back in. When you watch back on the Villa 84 Milk Cup away match and the Anfield Sharp derby you can hear it getting sung.

Watching back on the Rotterdam match I don't remember hearing GOT but you can actually hear Fields of Athenry getting sung later on it the first half. Probably the Celtic version but it could've been the Everton Rangers version.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back