Old Everton Pictures

vuT9Rw.jpg

Main Stand during redevelopment 1970

Great photo...

Raises a couple of questions that hopefully someone will be able to answer...

If you sit in the family enclosure apart from where the tunnel is, are you sitting on the original main stand terrace? Looks in the photo like they built the new main stand to line up with it.

Also, why does the first half of the main stand have concrete walls on the exits (bit in the photo), whereas the second part has metal frame ones?

Obviously you can tell I'm a bit of a geek about the quirks of gp!

Great photo...

Raises a couple of questions that hopefully someone will be able to answer...

If you sit in the family enclosure apart from where the tunnel is, are you sitting on the original main stand terrace? Looks in the photo like they built the new main stand to line up with it.

Also, why does the first half of the main stand have concrete walls on the exits (bit in the photo), whereas the second part has metal frame ones?

Obviously you can tell I'm a bit of a geek about the quirks of gp!
SbiRVq.jpg

This is a slightly different angle to the one previously posted. To answer the first part of your question, yes I think the family enclosure would have been part of the original terracing. Not sure of the answer of your second question though, maybe someone could help answer that. Interesting seeing the redevelopment though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back