Old Everton Pictures

You may well be correct. However have a look at the view of the street end in the background of the 1979 team picture on the second to last page of this thread. It is not criss-cross like the one in the background of Hunt and Wilson. And look at Wycombe Toffee's avatar. They definitely went towards Park End first but that photo might have been taken as they turned away from Park end towards Bullens.
100% certain regards this. That pic shows the Goodison Rd./Park End corner. My spec was directly under the old stand which is clearly shown. Not Bullens Rd as people are standing way back under the stand.
Stands by to be ridiculed but even after 50 years I am sticking to my version.

You mean Yard Dog Yeats;)
my mate was one of them that used to go to both grounds regularly at that era he was an Evertonian when I called Yeats a yard dog he described him as a collusus much to my dismay but there is no doubt he was a big part of putting that team back in the big time

my mate was one of them that used to go to both grounds regularly at that era he was an Evertonian when I called Yeats a yard dog he described him as a collusus much to my dismay but there is no doubt he was a big part of putting that team back in the big time
Yes he was a good stopper no doubts, but our fans as football purist we compared him to Labby no comparison other than a
Bedford van to a Rolls Royce!

Allez have a look at this....

4597551574.jpg
My spec in the Street end the middle stantion on that barrier...6 yard box...

I think the angle from where the picture has been taken makes the support bars look they cross the panels if you can get the gist.
In other pics those support bars are upright.

Nobody Blue or red had a bad word to say about Roger the Dodger

But ALL Blues hated St John &Big Ron...we even put it in a song...and still sing it.

WHY? - because deep down we knew they were very, very, good at what they did.

No need for ridicule mate!! I think you are right!! Well done. So... As well as us all agreeing that Duncan McKenzie is magic do we all now also agree that it is Hunt and Wilson cutting the corner from the old main Goodison Road stand to run in front of the Park End?
And that Yeats was a cheating yard dog!!!

Nobody Blue or red had a bad word to say about Roger the Dodger

But ALL Blues hated St John &Big Ron...we even put it in a song...and still sing it.

WHY? - because deep down we knew they were very, very, good at what they did.
He's quite good on the radio with Ian Snodin to be honest....

Sorry mate away from home and iPad playing up! No need for humble pie at all. It was a good debate. To those who post the photos keep them photos coming, they are brilliant. This is usually the first thread I look at in transfer window time!!! Lots of good chat provoked by them too.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back