Old Everton Pictures

Yes that's the one mate, I don't think many there that day would have thought the season would pan out the way it did, it's why I tell my boys to keep the faith.;)
spot on there, not that many in the everton bit of the parkend there, think thats a young skinny edge third one in from the right;)

Bit before my time that Degs,I was a child of the fitful 1970's at GP,my old fella always went on about that famous Spurs game when his idol the Golden Vision "soared" above the 9 foot 8 inch Giant centre back Maurice Norman,(Aaah well with the passing years Alex's feat became even greater!!:D)
I always thought it was Maurice Norman who played that day, actually it was Tony Mancini.

Yes that's the one mate, I don't think many there that day would have thought the season would pan out the way it did, it's why I tell my boys to keep the faith.;)
22,000 for that game. sad times at Goodison then, first game of a new season and there were over 30 000 places empty at the ground which held around 54 000 in the early 80s.the board must have been crapping it with no optimism from the fans before a ball had been kicked.

22,000 for that game. sad times at Goodison then, first game of a new season and there were over 30 000 places empty at the ground which held around 54 000 in the early 80s.the board must have been crapping it with no optimism from the fans before a ball had been kicked.
I've just looked back at the gates from around then and even though I went the games I can't believe how low they were, down to 13,000 for some Saturday games. But our away numbers were always good. We must have just got wore down and used to it, dark times for football and the country as a whole.

I've just looked back at the gates from around then and even though I went the games I can't believe how low they were, down to 13,000 for some Saturday games. But our away numbers were always good. We must have just got wore down and used to it, dark times for football and the country as a whole.
Yeah agree and our cup crowds were massive,e.g 51,000 against Wigan in 1980 ,49,000 against Southampton for a f.cup replay in 81 even the redsh**e didn't get cup gates like that despite dominating the early 80s.

2rf3bth.jpg

just found that 'Stoke' image on Google, http://z6.invisionfree.com/UltrasTifosi/index.php?showtopic=1974&st=2035

enclosure looks packed tbh, but it was in the days of cash turnstiles when they'd put the attendance up & everyone would snigger as they were obviously fiddling the gate,

it was depressing , around then , some games were there just didnt seem to be anybody about, the night games were the worst seemed to always piss down, and i used to go with my mates dad an old docker, as nobody else was going, recall one night game it was freezing and we were in the st end, wasnt a soul for about 10ft either way, drinking oxo and fishermans friends to keep warm, thought to myself what is going on here, were [Poor language removed] . nobody gives a fook , my mates dad MR Richo , must have read my mind, fed up lad, yep, well when we win and this place is packed, just recall this moment, it will make it so much sweeter, because it will come.
He wasnt far wrong there, think it was a game agaist coventry , just before the stoke fa cup game that you sensed something was about to happen, wasnt many at that either but the feeling was more upbeat and the team seemed to play as that a team for the first time in a while.

it was depressing , around then , some games were there just didnt seem to be anybody about, the night games were the worst seemed to always piss down, and i used to go with my mates dad an old docker, as nobody else was going, recall one night game it was freezing and we were in the st end, wasnt a soul for about 10ft either way, drinking oxo and fishermans friends to keep warm, thought to myself what is going on here, were [Poor language removed] . nobody gives a fook , my mates dad MR Richo , must have read my mind, fed up lad, yep, well when we win and this place is packed, just recall this moment, it will make it so much sweeter, because it will come.
He wasnt far wrong there, think it was a game agaist coventry , just before the stoke fa cup game that you sensed something was about to happen, wasnt many at that either but the feeling was more upbeat and the team seemed to play as that a team for the first time in a while.
Do you mean there weren't many at the Stoke cup game? Away 3rd round in 84? That was when Kendall opened the changing room windows and said "that's your team talk" we had a good and noisy shout at that one. Sorry if misread your post.

Do you mean there weren't many at the Stoke cup game? Away 3rd round in 84? That was when Kendall opened the changing room windows and said "that's your team talk" we had a good and noisy shout at that one. Sorry if misread your post.
no the week before that at home mate, we had nearly the same amount at the stoke cup way game than we had at home, sorry if it wasnt clear, was thinking about my mates dad as i was writing it, god he loved everton

no the week before that at home mate, we had nearly the same amount at the stoke cup way game than we had at home, sorry if it wasnt clear, was thinking about my mates dad as i was writing it, god he loved everton
Got you now mate. That cup game was absolutely boss. Turned up expecting a few hundred hardy souls and it was electric from the word go. We love the Fa cup!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back