Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

1980 v Wolves

CxVW50YXUAAKc29.jpg

And what a player,manager and a complete gentleman...
But above all a proper Evertonian...
Happy Birthday Colin Harvey....
I know I'm biased,if you ever have the good fortune to meet them, but most of our true blue heroes down the years are(and have been,Labby,Bally,Howard etc) also thoroughly top fella's and all you would expect of them,Colin included.:)

I know I'm biased,if you ever have the good fortune to meet them, but most of our true blue heroes down the years are(and have been,Labby,Bally,Howard etc) also thoroughly top fella's and all you would expect of them,Colin included.:)

We've had a couple of minutes silences recently, how about a rendition of "Happy Birthday" for Colin on Saturday?

Harvey was a true gent. Bumped into him a few times in and around Aughton but the highlight was after a pre season friendly in Rotterdam 1986. He invited me to watch them train when back home. I was made up with the offer but never thought he would follow it up. Three weeks later when I get home one afternoon dad is there at door saying to hurry up Colin Harvey just rang and he will be ringing back in ten minutes......!!!!!! Which he did. The white Pele saying "hello mate this is Colin Harvey here. Do you still want to come and see the first team train?"!!!!

Harvey was a true gent. Bumped into him a few times in and around Aughton but the highlight was after a pre season friendly in Rotterdam 1986. He invited me to watch them train when back home. I was made up with the offer but never thought he would follow it up. Three weeks later when I get home one afternoon dad is there at door saying to hurry up Colin Harvey just rang and he will be ringing back in ten minutes......!!!!!! Which he did. The white Pele saying "hello mate this is Colin Harvey here. Do you still want to come and see the first team train?"!!!!
Ace that mate!!Did you "geg in" on the five a sides allez?;):)

Ace that mate!!Did you "geg in" on the five a sides allez?;):)
Did my best but no chance!! Did not want to show them up! Actually the training was boss, really detailed and the power in the close range shoot ins from sheedy, sharp and also warren aspinall was incredible. Keepers needed padding!!!! Remember mike stowell? He let his hands down for the last one of about 10 minutes pulverisation and Harvey rollicked him...."never ever let one in"!!!! Friendly but stern too.

Did my best but no chance!! Did not want to show them up! Actually the training was boss, really detailed and the power in the close range shoot ins from sheedy, sharp and also warren aspinall was incredible. Keepers needed padding!!!! Remember mike stowell? He let his hands down for the last one of about 10 minutes pulverisation and Harvey rollicked him...."never ever let one in"!!!! Friendly but stern too.
Ha halol,I actually played against Warren Aspinall as a kid, he played for Ormskirk West End,Darren Oldroyd too who was on EFC's books at that time:)

A wise move allez!!best player around that time to actually make it was mark hateley,played for ainsdale juniors,although I had the good fortune to play alongside Stuart Rimmer for birkdale utd,who got a couple of games for Everton!
Nice one! Saw Hately from time to time in local park in Lydiate getting practice with his dad but he never joined in with us!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back