Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

Made the Straq look like Graeme Sharp!!!
Can never bring myself to criticise the Straq though mate, for all he was lacking(and he waslol)I don't think I have seen a fella empty his own tank like him during a game, that Chelsea game when he scored stands out, he was a right pain in the backside to Terry and company for 90 plus minutes and covered every blade of Goodison turf, the sad thing was when he left at the end of that season, technically he had improved ten fold in my opinion:)

Can never bring myself to criticise the Straq though mate, for all he was lacking(and he waslol)I don't think I have seen a fella empty his own tank like him during a game, that Chelsea game when he scored stands out, he was a right pain in the backside to Terry and company for 90 plus minutes and covered every blade of Goodison turf, the sad thing was when he left at the end of that season, technically he had improved ten fold in my opinion:)
Absolutely mate! The heart of a lion, just not very skilful.

Horrible day if I remember correctly

It was vile.... sleet then snow. Our spec on the Gwladys lower terrace was in all elements so we hung as far back as we could but got wet through. The score kept us going...Im sure I recall a fella running on with an umbrella to protect the untroubled Westie in goal at one stage ? I was off school during the week after said drenching....an added bonus to that gear scoreline.

upload_2017-6-25_15-18-58.webp

WA1903138.jpg

Alex Young beats goalkeeper Harry Thompson to the ball as Everton take on Burnley in the FA Cup third round replay at Goodison in 1962
Don't want to split hairs mate but I think its was 67 I was at the game with my arl fella who always insisted that Harry Potts the then manager of Burnley had gone out and pissed all over the pitch at Turf Moor making it into a mudbath.
Me dad may well of be lying like but at a young age you tend to take these things as gospel
WA1903138.jpg

Alex Young beats goalkeeper Harry Thompson to the ball as Everton take on Burnley in the FA Cup third round replay at Goodison in 1962

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back