Old Photos Of Where You Live

Fat Harold with the Canada and John O’Leary, played in Kirkby, coincidently Harold’s wife Myra is getting buried today.

….John worked for Otis in Kirkby, I had the pleasure of meeting him and the greater pleasure of playing against him a few times. A lovely, modest lad.

I remember seeing Fat Harold in the Royal Oak on Muirhead but didn’t play at the same time as him.

….John worked for Otis in Kirkby, I had the pleasure of meeting him and the greater pleasure of playing against him a few times. A lovely, modest lad.

I remember seeing Fat Harold in the Royal Oak on Muirhead but didn’t play at the same time as him.
Terry Gilmore had the Oak, a good few years ago, Terry was a very good amateur goalie, he came from the same area in town has Harold when they were growing up.

@Eggs was it you the knew Tommy Wheeldon snr?, his lad Tommy jnr is doing really well here in Calgary
He is the coach and GM of the pro football team here, he was a good player back in the day as well

….Tommy Wheeldon and I played for the County at Schoolboy level. I have a newspaper pic upstairs of the two of us in Cologne. Sammy Lee was a teammate of ours. i think Tommy signed for Everton at the same time as Duncan McKenzie, moved to Plymouth(?) before making a career for himself in Canada.

Yep, I knew his son was doing well on the coaching side in Canada. The family are big Evertonians (our own @alan ball interviewed Tom in recent years because he asked me to send copies of the memorabilia I had).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back