Old Photos Of Where You Live

….Tate & Lyle demolition;

View attachment 247573
Tate & Lyle...nobody used sugar cane now it's all going to be beet grown in the EU...on the other side of the country
Dunlops too;the day it shut down they were still using machines my Ma worked on in 1944 making tyres for Bombers
Plessey
English Electric
All of Edge Lane
Speke, Edwards Lane, Goodlass Wall, Broughs, Standard triumph, manestey, Whitley Lang and Niel, and many more
Kirkby, Kraft etc

Tate & Lyle...nobody used sugar cane now it's all going to be beet grown in the EU...on the other side of the country
Dunlops too;the day it shut down they were still using machines my Ma worked on in 1944 making tyres for Bombers
Plessey
English Electric
All of Edge Lane
Speke, Edwards Lane, Goodlass Wall, Broughs, Standard triumph, manestey, Whitley Lang and Niel, and many more
Kirkby, Kraft etc
Lived on the new estate opposite the English Electric at the age of 11. Was working at Goodlass Wall at 18 in 78. Did 9 years there. Henry Cooper doing the adverts for Valspar paints.

Plessey
English Electric
All of Edge Lane
Kirkby, Kraft etc
Metal Box, Lockheed, Bryant and May,Lucas's,.........so sad and I played football at many of their grounds too. Great times.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back