Old Photos Of Where You Live

Abbey Cinema 1979 the star picture house of its time with Cinerarma screen -
I can remeber reading an article in the Echo of an old couple who parked their brand-new car on the car park for a long blockbuster film of that era - they came out the car would not start - the RAC came out lifted the bonnet & some thieves had removed their brand-new engine -

1709470229357.webp

I can remeber reading an article in the Echo of an old couple who parked their brand-new car on the car park for a long blockbuster film of that era - they came out the car would not start - the RAC came out lifted the bonnet & some thieves had removed their brand-new engine -

View attachment 247803
An occasion to be taken there as a kid.

Lived on the new estate opposite the English Electric at the age of 11. Was working at Goodlass Wall at 18 in 78. Did 9 years there. Henry Cooper doing the adverts for Valspar paints.
Tommy just found an old news clipping. It was a Canbrian airways (Viscount i think) that overshot the speke runway and crashed in to Goodlass walls, which was then called Mothacks I think.

View attachment 247803
That must have been taken just before it closed, Towering Inferno was the last film. I was there regularly as a kid and teenager.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back