Old Photos Of Where You Live

The railway line ran alongside the factory which was set between it and what is now Spitfire Road (don’t know if it was named that back then). Right by Broughs drums if memory serves.
Yep Broughs and GWs were on the ASDA side of the railway in the aptly named Goodlass Rd opposite Edwards Lane
I worked in Broughs from 66-72.
Plenty of nsfw tales in a factory where 80% of the workforce were...and I use the term carefully...women.
Jeez it was an education for a young apprentice with a tendency to blush, soon learnt to show no fear or the pack would savage you.
Scenes.

Last edited:

Yep Broughs and GWs were on the ASDA side of the railway in the aptly named Goodlass Rd opposite Edwards Lane
Plenty of nsfw tales in a factory where 80% of the workforce were...and I use the term carefully...women.
Jeez it was an education for a young apprentice with a tendency to blush, soon learnt to show no fear or the pack would savage you.
Scenes.
The filling floor in Goodies, a scary place for a callow 18 year old.

….i thought the 46 ran from Penny Lane and ended up along Shaw St. I remember getting on it with John Bailey coming back from Liverpool Schoolboy U15 trials. I can still recall what he was saying, he was a character even back then.
Penny Lane to Spellow Lane, via Shaw St, Netherfield Rd, I used to jump on it getting home from school if I missed my bus (30), at least it got me halfway home! Added bonus was all the Notre Dame girls getting on at Everton Valley!

Scenes.
I was there later in the 70s ,Joe Cavanagh was the boss and lived across the road from us in Speke

….i thought the 46 ran from Penny Lane and ended up along Shaw St. I remember getting on it with John Bailey coming back from Liverpool Schoolboy U15 trials. I can still recall what he was saying, he was a character even back then.
It did.
Penny Lane, SmithdownRd, Grove St, Crown St, past the majestic, Shaw St, Netherfield, pasttne Astoria onto Spellow Lane

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back