Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Olivier Giroud

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It (leaving) is an option to be honest with you.

I’m here in pre-season, I wanted to travel. Some people asked me if I am going to travel or not and of course, I am Arsenal player and for the moment I am here so I just want to prepare well for the season and we will see later.

But it is true that I really enjoyed my five years with Arsenal. I’m still an Arsenal player for the moment so I try to be professional. No matter what happens, I did my job on the pitch.

It’s been five years that I’ve been here. It could be my sixth one. I had an amazing welcome from the fans and from the club and it has been five amazing years for me.

I won’t forget it, no matter what happens. We will see about my future but I am still an Arsenal player for the moment.”

Quotes from the Giroud interview
Now compare that to Rom's last few interviews whilst at Everton.

So looks, classy pro attitude, way above average scoring record, silverware in the cabinet.

Remind me, why are we not hurling money at Arsenal and screaming "GO GET OLIVIER" at them?

Now compare that to Rom's last few interviews whilst at Everton.

So looks, classy pro attitude, way above average scoring record, silverware in the cabinet.

Remind me, why are we not hurling money at Arsenal and screaming "GO GET OLIVIER" at them?
Totally agree, he's a must for me!

Palace paid 32m for Benteke and are paying him 120k a week.

Ponder that and get back to me.

oh yeah, i know it wouldn't happen for £20m (was just using the rumoured giroud fee as a comparison), was just saying if that was the case i'd snap your hands off. I really rate him, he's still only 26 unbelievably, he's rightly kept rom on the bench for belgium for a few years and well, tbh, if we brought in siggurdsson, those two would link up brilliantly and might even ponder me to go up to £35m in this crazy market.

i won't let rodgers' laughable usage of him to make me think he's crap, like some others do on here, the lazy so and so could be good for us at the right price.

Probably, but CL football would be attractive to him I would imagine.

Anyway, the link was rubbish, I think.
Hopefully, he'll settle for CL next year lol

Just something about this guy, it's seemed for a while that the Arse have been trying to replace him for a couple years...for no readily apparent reason. He score loadsa goals when they play him, and his link up play is great. Why play Theo up top ffs?

Anyways, to summarize, I want him. Beard or no Beard.

All gone quiet about Giroud. Hope that does not mean we will not be getting him. He is a great player with a impressive goalscoring record. Also plays for one of the best International teams. His fee should be higher tbh. I really hope we get him.

all gone quiet? he's in australia, how's it supposed to be loud? ha

Hopefully, he'll settle for CL next year lol

Just something about this guy, it's seemed for a while that the Arse have been trying to replace him for a couple years...for no readily apparent reason. He score loadsa goals when they play him, and his link up play is great. Why play Theo up top ffs?

Anyways, to summarize, I want him. Beard or no Beard.

it seemed like they did replace him with perez ... and then weirdly kept giroud, and hardly played either of them ... yet actually played giroud more than perez.

I've said for years, wenger was a great manager in yesteryear but for a god 6 or 7 seasons now he's utterly lost it. His statement yesterday that giroud was happy and wanted to stay was baffling, considering what's come out today. The man is incapable of admitting he's wrong.

I'd be shocked if he went to Dortmund. His style is complete opposite of how they play and his age and price is opposite how they do business

I suspect we are not in the market for a big name CF, we already have one he has the No9 shirt already we also have our no10. Any forward we sign will be an option from the bench, and the likes of Giroud and Benteke aren't going to come here for that. Someone who won't mind bench time will be our target(man).

I suspect we are not in the market for a big name CF, we already have one he has the No9 shirt already we also have our no10. Any forward we sign will be an option from the bench, and the likes of Giroud and Benteke aren't going to come here for that. Someone who won't mind bench time will be our target(man).
I don't think we can get a big name striker. They tend to want Champions League. Best we can do is get one that's walking the path but not there yet. Then sell for lots if we are not quite there ourselves. Sounds familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back