Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Olivier Giroud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they? Let's see come next summer

The proof is in front of your eyes - we're bringing in players for now and players for the future. We stole Sandro for a snip from under others' noses - the same with Onyekuru. Brought in a potential future England captain and paid a huge fee for a promising English keeper. Young'uns are being added to the U23s all the time. Business is being done early, swiftly and professionally. What more proof do you need that the days of Bill and Bob's transfer calamities are behind us?

One of best in prem. We need him back. But we also need some height and power as main striker to replace Romelu. Who that will be is not clear right now, but it's clearly not someone we already have signed.

We'll definitely be in for a 'target man' type mate I think, yes, depending on Rom's future (I do think he's off, though).

Do we even have a winger who can cross? Never mind any decent wingers? Surely giroud would be useless without wing play and getting on the end of crosses?

Koeman seems to want to play narrow and through the middle which wouldn't suit giroud at all
Its a long time since i saw Arsenal regularly putting crosses into the box....he done ok there .....i think.

I didn't say that I didn't like him. I think perhaps Josh King or Batshuayi would be a better option if we are getting Rooney as well, but as far as 'target men' go, Giroud is the best that we could reasonably expect. There's also rumours that we've been in talks with Napoli over Duvan Zapata.

I'm just pointing out at this stage we only actually know (from a reliable source) that there is 'interest'.

'It's imperative we get this done' implies, to me at least, that we've been chasing him all window and have had bids accepted etc.

I'd be happy for this deal to happen but I just don't think it's as likely as some are making out.

I'd gladly be wrong.

I'm not saying its likely I'm just saying we should throw everything at it.

Ask yourselves this , at the moment the Arsenal owners are under pressure from their own fans. Many Arsenal fans are comparing the actions of former shareholder Moshiri at Everton to the perceived failures of their own board. Add to that Moshiris close association with Usmanov. Given these facts why does anyone even imagine for 1 minute that Kroenke would sanction Giroud to us ? For that reason alone I believe it will never happen. Nice dream like, but we need to be looking elsewhere.

Ask yourselves this , at the moment the Arsenal owners are under pressure from their own fans. Many Arsenal fans are comparing the actions of former shareholder Moshiri at Everton to the perceived failures of their own board. Add to that Moshiris close association with Usmanov. Given these facts why does anyone even imagine for 1 minute that Kroenke would sanction Giroud to us ? For that reason alone I believe it will never happen. Nice dream like, but we need to be looking elsewhere.

I doubt Kroenke would really care when they've just spunked over £50M on Lacazette. I would imagine he'll be happy to bring in a decent transfer fee for Giroud. The issue is whether Giroud would come here or not - I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I doubt Kroenke would really care when they've just spunked over £50M on Lacazette. I would imagine he'll be happy to bring in a decent transfer fee for Giroud. The issue is whether Giroud would come here or not - I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I think if you look into the bitterness around the Arsenal situation at the moment concerning Usmanov's attempted takeover you'll realise it would be a tactical misstep for them to sell us Giroud. It won't happen because of this.

would giroud be hungry enough to run through walls for everton ?
personally if we are looking for a big signing to replace lukaku , id rather spend the dosh on andrea belotti

I think if you look into the bitterness around the Arsenal situation at the moment concerning Usmanov's attempted takeover you'll realise it would be a tactical misstep for them to sell us Giroud. It won't happen because of this.

Kroenke doesn't care about Usmanov or Moshiri. He's got total control of that football club and nobody is going to take it from him.

Kroenke doesn't care about Usmanov or Moshiri. He's got total control of that football club and nobody is going to take it from him.
You do not strengthen your rivals and in Kroenkes case you don't get bigger rivals than Moshiri and Usmanov and their desire to wrest control of Arsenal from him. It would be politically inept for him to allow the sale of Giroud, or any player, to us.

Lols forever if we buy Giroud immediately after jibbing off our only player who can cross a ball.

Will happily shurrup about it if we buy a good attacking passer but I'm holding out very little hope

I can see where you are coming from but dont forget Stan is all about money and not football as such, he wont turn 20m down for a player with a year left unless they get a better offer from a bigger club that Oliver might want to play for, I cant see that happening, so unless he stays I really think this will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back