• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deal with respect to wages is that the player signed a hefty contract under Bartomeu (€14M annually), then they renegotiated the contract to defer some of those wages later into the contract to meet La Liga FFP (€3M in 2020, €9M in 2021 - that €16M deferred spread over last 4 yrs of his contract) and when Laporta took over in 2021 & assessed the wage mess at the club made a number of decisions to shed itself of exorbitant contracts and players who were not adding anything to the squad. Frenkie's deferred wages amounted to a financial ticking bomb for Laporta - he made moves over first 12 months of his 2nd tenure to reduce the imbalance but high wages remain

The 4 last beneficiaries of Bartomeu's financially wreckless policies are Umtiti (hobbled), Neto (unwanted), Pjanic (End of his career) and FDJ (who is valuable but wages are highest in team). Frenkie stands to currently receive €18M this season, €28M in 2023. Player & club are publicly saying he is going nowhere but in truth they are trying to negotiate a severance package for those deferred wages

My guess, he is moved ultimately (likely ManYoo) but a negotiated reduction in those deferred wages as the club cannot afford it under the FFP rules - they have the money but cannot spend it and be within the rules. Moreover, every player in the squad had accepted a reduction in salary except Frenkie (He just deferred the wages rather than lower it). But sides have a legitimate argument - FDJ deserves what his contract stipulates and Barca under Laporta are entitled to shed the club of exorbitant contracts he inherited to ensure viability of squad/club. A solution will be found

boring-bored.gif

But we need a centre forward not a wide player

Wide players can be forwards as well mate, look at the likes of Salah, Mane, Sterling etc. Very rarely are there wide players these days, more inside forwards.

It’s why I wanted Cornet, I’d prefer someone who could play and score at inside forward and cover for DCL if required like Richarlison could rather then the Bentekes of this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back