• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's going on at Leicester? No signings in and letting their 1st choice keeper go.
Granted he's 35, but they haven't brought in a replacement, just a couple of backup keepers with 1 prem appearance last season between them...

FFP and owners whose finances took a good hit due to COVID.

Smiling at myself watching SSN last night were presenters were debating transfers. That Kaveh bloke got rattled a couple of times when challenged on a few of his claims. His responses "I understand etc etc" "I'm told" "my sources" has he ever brought an exclusive or just regurgitating old news and getting paid for it?
I was watching this myself and it was brilliant. They were discussing the potential transfer of Cristiano, or more likely the lack of transfer due to his wages.

He kept saying that he'd been told there was interest, and they were questioning from who. The RS and City won't; Chelsea aren't going to and Spurs won't.

His only response was, "if it wasn't for the finances" and they were laughing as they knew they'd not change. An absolute charlatan.

giphy.gif

Because it’s not FFP holding us back it’s Profit and Loss, our expenditure is far greater than what we bring in, hence why we have to report to the PL in order to get deals done and avoid sanctions
I do understand that, but my point is for Chelsea to be so heavily in debt, then they mus the the same issues unless it is legacy from pre FFP?

The haven't had any large capital expenditure on infrastructure such as a new stadium (which I appreciate is exempt), but their % losses compared to income must be far more than ours to accumulate such losses.

Is the 1.5b purely legacy debt pre FFP?(now wiped away with the sale but still relevant for FFP 3 year window).

I do understand that, but my point is for Chelsea to be so heavily in debt, then they mus the the same issues unless it is legacy from pre FFP?

The haven't had any large capital expenditure on infrastructure such as a new stadium (which I appreciate is exempt), but their % losses compared to income must be far more than ours to accumulate such losses.

Is the 1.5b purely legacy debt pre FFP?(now wiped away with the sale but still relevant for FFP 3 year window).
I believe it is largely from the pre FFP era. Chelsea has invested a lot into the club's infrastructure since RA bought them. But debt is not a problem with FFP. If servicing the debt has a cost e.g. interest repayments, then it is the repayments that are subject to FFP. The owners of Man Utd take money out of the club each year in repayments for the debt and this counts towards their FFP. I don't believe RA took any money from CFC for debt repayment. The CFC debt was to RA, as part of the sale of CFC this debt was cleared so CFC no longer has that debt burden

I believe it is largely from the pre FFP era. Chelsea has invested a lot into the club's infrastructure since RA bought them. But debt is not a problem with FFP. If servicing the debt has a cost e.g. interest repayments, then it is the repayments that are subject to FFP. The owners of Man Utd take money out of the club each year in repayments for the debt and this counts towards their FFP. I don't believe RA took any money from CFC for debt repayment. The CFC debt was to RA, as part of the sale of CFC this debt was cleared so CFC no longer has that debt burden
Like an interview from Line of Duty :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back