• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
if city sell Bernardo they really need to make a couple of signings before the window is done - glaring hole at LB and lack of depth in midfield could really cost them this season
I’d hardly call it glaring when they can play cancelo there. If if it’s not his natural position, he’s still probably the best in the league when he plays there. They need another option though. I’ll grant you that.

Don't get how Barca can still sign players but be told 100% they can't register them because they're £200mill or something daft in the poop
Yeah, that is a weird situation, although I understand there are some assets they can offload (future tv rights or something) which will enable them to break even.

Be funny if it didn't happen and all those new signings weren't allowed to play though

Yeah and he was awful. Who plays up front for them this year? Have I missed another signing from them?
As of right now, it's Sterling. Broja and Batshuayi are the only 'strikers' they have. It's reported that they're close to bringing in Aubameyang, which seems like about as bright an idea as bringing in Zaha. Cristiano Ronaldo has also been mooted, but so far Tuchel (probably wisely) hasn't wanted that particular circus in his dressing room.

In a five subs world, I would just keep Broja and have done with it. Our fanbase is salivating over a possible loan because he's arguably the best young option potentially available. If Broja comes good, Sterling can be played in rotation with their other strong wingers and provide cover for Broja. If not, he's still a solid sub for them, and they can shop in what is probably a stronger market next summer.

I'm not sure exactly what Tuchel is thinking with the spending spree, other than perhaps, "I need to bring home silverware this season to save my job, and City + Haaland = scary." This is starting to look like one of Pep's first two years on the job, when he bought a whole side.

He wont go surely hes too important to loose unless they have some one huge ready and waiting
We have a policy of not keeping players who want to leave. Bernie actually wants to go back to Portugal and his wish is to sign for Benfica. He knows that there is no way they can afford him but he still wants to be closer to family. He will not be allowed to leave for less than £80M and that is still far too cheap imo. If Barca can afford what we ask, he will go. If they don't, he is more than happy to stay at City and will not be putting in any transfer requests or causing problems. He is a professional and has a great working and honest relationship with the club.

I'm not sure exactly what Tuchel is thinking with the spending spree, other than perhaps, "I need to bring home silverware this season to save my job, and City + Haaland = scary." This is starting to look like one of Pep's first two years on the job, when he bought a whole side.
I don't think he has much of a say. It looks to me like the new owner is getting giddy and is behind the spending spree.

They're going to be in a whole host of trouble if they get relegated after all this spending.

Depends on how bad they are. They're signing up for the equivalent of a double-strength Chelsea transfer ban for youth shenanigans if they go down. Parachute payments should balance the books in terms of wages for the next two years, and the owner can back the spending spree out of his own pocket, but good luck funding new transfers.

On the plus side, they bought a whole new team. If it stinks, they can't cure it. If it's decent, they may solve the problem by coming back up.

We have a policy of not keeping players who want to leave. Bernie actually wants to go back to Portugal and his wish is to sign for Benfica. He knows that there is no way they can afford him but he still wants to be closer to family. He will not be allowed to leave for less than £80M and that is still far too cheap imo. If Barca can afford what we ask, he will go. If they don't, he is more than happy to stay at City and will not be putting in any transfer requests or causing problems. He is a professional and has a great working and honest relationship with the club.
Rumoured that Bellingham is Silva's replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back