• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milan took a pretty sizable bath on him. Not really sure how to interpret that data point. He says it was social in nature. I wonder what the club's story would be.

Tricky player. Plenty of good passes in him. Lacks pace, good first step with the ball at his feet. If you can't pick a lock, but need to have the ability, and aren't asking him to close down it should work. Makes sense for a club with Rice and Soucek behind him. It's also a lot to pay.
Always trusted moyes in the transfer market… except when he was seriously spending.

?. You don’t buy any of that fan written propaganda do you mate? It’s slightly nervous fans just comforting themselves that they aren’t watching Everton style Armageddon. They do need to strengthen, but they are going utterly bezerk. Good luck to the owner, he’s loving it. I don’t begrudge them having a huge tilt at it.

The spend stuff has been lifted word for word from a Bloomberg article I read last week (before they bought 74 more players, many of whom are 29+, not the 24 year old highly saleable assets they claim), the whole premise being it’s a massive gamble. They should probably give credit to the author. I didn’t rate the article at all tbf. Far too simplistic, same as all media reporting of FFP/P&S because they see the numbers but don’t know how to account for them. You can make any bunch of numbers sound positive if you completely ignore most of them and how they affect future periods, which they have in this case.

That poorly written last paragraph is what every club claims to do, but rarely does. (Suitors buy players; why are they looking for suitors when recruiting).

I think it’s the lack of romance that is irking lots of fans of the game. Get promoted and immediately bin everyone off and offer contracts to anyone remotely available. I think actually think they’ll be safe, so all probably irrelevant ?

Haven't looked at the numbers in any great details, but it seems to me like clubs are spending like never before. Got to be a record transfer window for clubs having a net spend north of £100m. And we spent about £10m net in the past 18 months and needed to sell our best player on the cheap to satisfy financial rules. lol

Haven't looked at the numbers in any great details, but it seems to me like clubs are spending like never before. Got to be a record transfer window for clubs having a net spend north of £100m. And we spent about £10m net in the past 18 months and needed to sell our best player on the cheap to satisfy financial rules. lol
1661845813732.png
Painful viewing. Doesnt include the £85m on Anthony or the £70m on Fofanna. When you add this and the likes of Nottingham Forest, Wolves and West Ham spending more than the RS and City, you just know we have no chance to succeed.
We had our chance and blew it and are now suffering

Last edited:
View attachment 181019
Painful viewing. Doesnt include the £85million on Anthony or the £70 on Fofanna. When you add this and the likes of Nottingham Forest, Wolves and West Ham are spending more than the RS and City, you just know we have no chance to succeed.
We have our chance and blew it and are now suffering

Frankly I'm pleased to see that nice little -£11m net spend.

We need to recover.

I'm surprised how no big club was apparently interested in Paqueta. Maybe warry because of his failure at Milan and recent Lyon midfielders who didn't really done much despite initial hype (Ndombele, Tolisso and even Aouar).

You've had a good crack at it in the not to distant past though.

1661882927022.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back